YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the guys that have ported their heads, did you find the "local" speed shop, or did you mail it to some place specific - meaning, is it worth mailing it to a name brand shop?

I live 3 blocks from Trinity Racing, and while i haven't talked to them, I'm sure they could do the job. I've always heard good things about them, but have never used them for anything.

I'm interested is hearing comment about Trinity Racing (use them / don't used them), and where is the BEST place to go to get porting done.

Thanks in advance......

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
We use Fastway in new jersey for most of our port work. i had the head for my yz400 motor ported by them and it was awsome. i will be picking up another head there for a yz400 this weekend. He does a great job and has a 2 week turn around time.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Dill I was also gonna say Sand Trix the web site is Sand-Trix.com

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have always had really good luck with Thumper Racing (over in Texas) with all of my 4-strokes. He makes them fast, but keeps them reliable too. (And Gary is a super great guy to talk to if you have any questions about anything)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 14 2003, 08:04 AM
Dill I was also gonna say Sand Trix  the web site is Sand-Trix.com
AWESOME!!!! Only $150 for a port job, Do they do a good job, and where exactly are they located. Who has had experience with them, good service???And do they take forever??Thanx guys...Also, ive never got a head ported b4...what would i have to do, what exactly do i have to take off and how???And is it a good idea to go for a better piston as well when i port???Thanx again

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450+Nov 14 2003, 10:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZdream450 @ Nov 14 2003, 10:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Pahrump@Nov 14 2003, 08:04 AM
Dill I was also gonna say Sand Trix  the web site is Sand-Trix.com
AWESOME!!!! Only $150 for a port job, Do they do a good job, and where exactly are they located. Who has had experience with them, good service???And do they take forever??Thanx guys...Also, ive never got a head ported b4...what would i have to do, what exactly do i have to take off and how???And is it a good idea to go for a better piston as well when i port???Thanx again [/b][/quote]
Go to there web site and you can get the number and call.

He told me 2 weeks turn around time

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Jeremy qouted me $200 bucks plus $15 to dissamble and ressemble the head.

Great prices, I will be getting mine done after I get back from the Turkey day trip, its just too close now to send it ut and hope it gets back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Watch out. You may send it to Joe Blow racing but the zit faced 5 dollar an hour kid is really porting it. Spend the extra money for someone who REAALY knows. Sometimes bigger is not allways better. Velocity plays a large roll too. Thats why I do ALL my own work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by blaktopr@Nov 16 2003, 03:51 PM
Watch out. You may send it to Joe Blow racing but the zit faced 5 dollar an hour kid is really porting it. Spend the extra money for someone who REAALY knows. Sometimes bigger is not allways better. Velocity plays a large roll too. Thats why I do ALL my own work.
hehe, I think this is what CT and Trinity do..have their homeboy in the back room with a butter knife to score up the ports so they look 'ported'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts