YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 yfz450 and i am trying to get the stock axle out of the carrier. i have removed all necessary components to slide the axle out i do believe. i have hit it with a sledge and everything but it won't budge. i have sprayed it with wd40 u name it and it won't budge. all input would be awesome!!! i have a +2 i am wanting to install and this is driving me nuts!!! thanks.....

·
Registered
723 Posts
haha

yes this suck and yes you can DO IT

what i did was i stood it on its end sprocket hub facing up... protected the threads on axles (since one end will be against the ground

then i just got a long socket extention placed it on the chain adjuster plate and hit the end of the extention (not to hard!) then placed it on another section of the plate and hit it again

worked that technique all the way around till it came off

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok... i will try standing it on end. maybe i need a bigger hammer lol!!! i am using a small sledge. i was afraid if i hit the chain adjuster i would shatter it. my new axle is a rpm... whats some opinions on this axle? i got the thing for 25 bucks so i didn't think it was to bad. i have done some reading on the forum and seems to be a great axle. its not bent or anything guy was hurting for money.

·
Registered
723 Posts
QUOTE (gloverdaniel @ Mar 1 2009, 12:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752528
ok... i will try standing it on end. maybe i need a bigger hammer lol!!! i am using a small sledge. i was afraid if i hit the chain adjuster i would shatter it. my new axle is a rpm... whats some opinions on this axle? i got the thing for 25 bucks so i didn't think it was to bad. i have done some reading on the forum and seems to be a great axle. its not bent or anything guy was hurting for money.[/b]
dude just tap it (medium strength) and work your way around... its a tight fit so it has to be worked out

spray it down good with WD-40 let it sit for about 5-10 min then get to work

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks zum.... i did it how u said and it came right off within minutes. 2 of the bearings were stuck on the axle but i got them off but messed one of them up. i have an extra bearing from an 06. will it fit in my carrier so i don't have to buy one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have my new axle in and looks great!! thanks for all the help!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts