YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think mine need to....VERY noisy, yet bike still pulls like a mofo. I just got back from Ocotillo wells and it did rather well...Heres the damage list though:

- Trailtech clamp screws kept coming lose..had to lock tite em..
- Lost a screw that holds the exhaust on during the last 30sec of the day....weird..
- A screw above the tranny (dunno wats its called) came lose and oil came out....that was just gorgeous... :evilgrin

But yeah, bike did well to. Saw like 3 other YFZ's and they were stock. Every time id pass a Predator, they would look at me :lol Anyways, I had fun. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Do you have a copy of the manual Steve?

If so read it the valves are easy todo.

I just installed my 13:1 piston but before I took it apart I checked the valves and they were spot on.

You don't really adjust them you change out the shims under the buckets, its pretty easy but you have to remove the cams.

Hey while you are in there you may as well go ahead and do the cam mod :lol

·
Registered
834 Posts
Dogriders cammod video section has a nice section on valve spacers and installation info.

I am thinking about it still. That is the dirtiest I have ever seen your quad! 8| Looks like you had a good time!

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
it could be the valve guides. I just sent my motor out to LRD, I only had about 3-4 hours on it and when I talked to Arland (the owner of LRD) he said that the valve guides had considerable wear.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Nov 23 2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah when people ask if I ride it, ill show them that pic. :) But its weird, I started my bike today here back at home, and the engine is quiet again.... :what So why would it make the noise, then stop? :wtf
the engine could have been hot causing the valve guides to expand and increase the tolerances.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by gnc_118+Nov 23 2003, 07:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gnc_118 @ Nov 23 2003, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZCentral@Nov 23 2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah when people ask if I ride it, ill show them that pic. :) But its weird, I started my bike today here back at home, and the engine is quiet again.... :what So why would it make the noise, then stop?  :wtf
the engine could have been hot causing the valve guides to expand and increase the tolerances. [/b][/quote]
Possible...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does the service manual come with the quad like the WR and YZ bikes?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guys,I have the service manual in PDF form, If you want it send me your email and I will email you the file.

[email protected]

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by rep@Nov 24 2003, 12:02 AM
Does the service manual come with the quad like the WR and YZ bikes?
Wow, I didn't know a mfg would include the service manual. I've had to buy every one of mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts