YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya i'm about to get a 450 in the next few weeks (waiting on tax return), and i saw this 450 on the net. i was woundering if anyone has seen it or know the owner of it?

bad @ss 450

if anyone has anyinfo on it please fill me in. don't get me wrong i'll be calling the fab shop if no one has anything on it. i was just seeing if the owner of it comes to this site or not.

josh

·
Registered
503 Posts
looks like just one that's been to the custom fab shop to get light bars and rear bumpers done. i have the ac wide grab bar which looks almost identical, but not polished. I would venture to say if he isn't running an aftermarket flywheel or stator that he has electical issues with those lights. I'm about to install both handlebar mount and new stock location lights and am running a +4oz flywheel and a rewound stator to accomodate all of the extra lights.

not a bad looking quad though.

·
Registered
631 Posts
kinda looks a little goofy with those lights :lol looks like a baja bike or something

andy

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nice looking quad....
Looks like a lot of work to make if LOOK good,..but they still have the stock exhaut on it. :what

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but those shocks are the same brand of shocks as the trucks that they use in the baja 1000 and 500. that's what caught my eye, becuase i didn't know if they made atv shocks or small enough for atvs. and if i'm right those are 2" king coilovers but they might be 2.5"s (but i doubt it though). i'm calling tomarrow to get the "skinny" on it

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks like someone is building a CC bike. Too bad those pics don't show the rear shock as well. Check out their raptor shot...

That looks like the king 2.5" Tacoma/Tundra shock, heavy duty stuff. Wonder what the travel is on that front end?

·
Registered
210 Posts
i remember seeing it at one of the oc off road shows. its trick for sure and all the parts are custome made

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright boys and girls here's the "lowdown" of that kit.

you get the following for $2,600

either - 2" dual rate kings (made just for Socal Fab) that are in a piggy back form, elka quad rate with remote "rezzies", or tcs that are (more or less) the same as the elkas

new upper and lower arms that are powder coated or chromed

new "beefer" tierods

and lastly all the linkage that's required

you'll have stock ride height, but will pull 14" of front wheel travel

i talk to Thad (i believe the owner of Socal Fab) and he said that their almost done with a rear end kit to, price unknown at this time. it will feature one of the three coilovers that i mentioned before. he said that at this time their not making any carbonfiber pieces for the 450, but money talks and can persuede anyone to do something that you really want. if you feel that i left something out please let me know so i can call Socal Fab to ask. Thad was more then helpful with all the questions i had and he understood why i asking so many after i informed him about this site. like i said if ya have any other question just ask or call. oh BTW they sell OMF rims for $140-$170

i think i might have to give a call here in a few weeks and and make a order. :evilgrin

josh :yfz

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Feb 2 2004, 04:30 PM
I'm more amazed at there LEM 50 :O
That 50 is a nice ride for someones little one... Talk about blowing away the other tykes out there...

·
Registered
210 Posts
its made by the same guys who did the rest of the aftermarket parts on it. soc-cal fab

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the king shocks are built buy king, but i was told buy Thad (at Socal) that if you call king ,themselves, they'll direct you to SoCal Fab, becuase they're the only authorized dealer for the atv king shocks. i'll call Thad to get the prices on all the components for the 450 besides the suspension.

josh

·
Registered
336 Posts
I saw this bike at the sand sports super show its nice but those king shocks look huge on the bike, thats probably a great set-up for desert racing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts