YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 full days of riding 600+ miles of trails. Probably stay in Gilbert WV ride 2 or 3 systems. Been there many times you wont be dissapointed. We have 10+ people who always go but would like to see new people. If you havnt been there nows your chance, if you have then I guess you know you should be there. Everyone welcome!

Gonna be a good time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cmon guys no one wants to ride. Sounds like 20+ people now and we are starting to reserve campsites. Staying at Twin hollow campground. It is on top of the mountain above Gilbert. That second picture is from the campsites. You can get plain campsite or water+electric. The campground is in the Browning Fork system but we will definetly ride at least one more, probably Dingess Rum. Dont miss this sweeeeet ride and hell of a party. My buddy got all kinds of people on his Honda site going so now Im out numbered about 20 honda 450s too my Yamaha. Thought you guys would back me up?

·
Registered
123 Posts
my boss really wants all of us here at work to go....how do YFZs handle the terrain? it looks a bit ruff for yfz in the pictures on the site....

·
Registered
359 Posts
QUOTE (Enjoisht @ Mar 30 2009, 06:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=763871
my boss really wants all of us here at work to go....how do YFZs handle the terrain? it looks a bit ruff for yfz in the pictures on the site....[/b]
I think it depends on where you go. My brother goes up there a lot with his Z400 and his friends rides a 450r and neither of them have any issues. Most of the real tough spots have trails around them

·
Registered
123 Posts
is there any type of jumping? or stuff like that?? or is it just strictly trails

·
Registered
123 Posts
cool, well im talking to my boss we might head down...we have a big event on Monday the 20th, so we would have to leave sunday morning but o well....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry I didnt see your post earlier. You will be fine with your 450. We are all riding 450s and we do every trail they have. Need swingarm skid though. Only some black trails get real knarly. You can find some real nasty hill climbs if you want. We know all the trails so we wont steer you wrong. There are jumps around on the trails mostly uphill. Trails are unbelievable, tight twisty too 800 foot uphill climbs, just endless.

We are staying at Twin hollow campground. Are group name is riggins if you want a site close to everyone. We will ride Browning fork from there. That trail has the biggest mountains. Will also shoot over to Dingess Rum, my favorite. Gonna be a good time. Our group is 12 people, plus more people meeting us there. Sounds like most of us are heading down the 15th so we get 4 days riding.

Any questions let me know

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live less then a mile from the trail head of the rock house trails(The trail that goes from Gilbert to Man) I love it, i have a YFZ and also my team mates all have YFZ. We go everywhere with them. Its a Great trail system. If anyone ever needs a trail guide or just wants some more people to ride with, PM me. I also know of alot of free trails that are not Hatfield and McCoy, Save money and not have to buy trail passes. We are always willing to help out other rider.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where were ya 3 weeks ago? its allright we will be back again soon ill let ya know ahead of time. I actually dont like Browning Fork as much as the other trails but it is still sweet. Dingess Rum my favorite probably. I have been to all of them a couple times now so hittin some local trails would be real sweet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (ExtremeEdgeRcng @ May 5 2009, 12:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=776772
I live less then a mile from the trail head of the rock house trails(The trail that goes from Gilbert to Man) I love it, i have a YFZ and also my team mates all have YFZ. We go everywhere with them. Its a Great trail system. If anyone ever needs a trail guide or just wants some more people to ride with, PM me. I also know of alot of free trails that are not Hatfield and McCoy, Save money and not have to buy trail passes. We are always willing to help out other rider.[/b]
Help my family and friends find the best of West Virginia. We will be going some where in August. 4 to 5 quads as of now pulled by a 28' motor home. Need help finding the coolest camping and riding. We will be needing a good family camp site for my youngest girl to have fun too. I am sure she will not want to ride that much.

YFZ450 "06" 168 main, 45 pilot, 5th clip, air box on, baffle out
Raptor 350 "06" stock
Predator 90 "06" stock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts