YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking of shortening my FCI on the filter side by 2 to 3 inches and using my 3d printer to make a flange to bolt it to the airbox. Does anyone know how this might effect the intake flow? I think doing this would be way better than the stock tube. Thanks for input. Please keep it scientific I don't want comments on how great the dust shield is or how yours works so well the way it is. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I would imagine that the air will have sped up enough as the tube necks down again to smooth itself out after any possible turbulence due to difference in diameter or obstruction in the tube at the tube-to-flange junction. I personally think that your idea would be a better design than the FCI original, as long as you can keep the tube circular where it meets the flange. In my opinion, the filter-end of the FCI tube is supported poorly, and would benefit from being supported at both ends, as described in your post. Basically using the best of both systems, and then improving on it... Taking away the design flaws of each system-- utilizing the good (or at least better than FCI) Yamaha airbox and the using the much higher-flowing FCI intake tube. Good luck with your modifications. Let us know how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.