YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy some bars that feel similar to the stock ones, just up higher and stronger (and not as stupid looking)..

whats will be the best bars for me to get? thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The Tag T2's look trick and hold up pretty well in mine and my friend's experiences. I would also get the Trail Tech Logo Clamps. It is a trick looking set up :rock

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
If you don't want to spend a ton but want good bars that look good check out the trail tech CR high bend with the Tusk big bar clamp from Rocky Mountain.

I think the whole thing cost me less then $100 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, i just want somthing to make it a little better when standing up..

does the trail tech with the tusk clamp make it pretty nice?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
yes but the clamps are not as nice looking. the tusks are good clamps for the money. it depends on if you want the better looks or want to save money. it is your choice.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want good looks, but dont want to spend an extreme amount. ill spend what it takes, i just want to make sure what im getting is gonna be nice and a little higher than stock..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want good looks, but dont want to spend an extreme amount. ill spend what it takes, i just want to make sure what im getting is gonna be nice and a little higher than stock..

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Here is the Tusk clamp, it looks ok its not gonna win a beauty contest but it ain't ugly, and its cheap and works well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by brad c@Jan 5 2004, 04:47 PM
look on the website front page and there is a review on the trail tech clamps and bars. the clamps raise bars by 3/4". you also receive a new cover for the steering stem. YFZ 450 logo is also engraved into the metal and is not a sticker. i do not know the exact price of the clamps with the logo but it is $40.00 for the plain billet ones. Trail Tech Website

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so if i get the standard x bend bars with the non logo x clamp from trail tech, will it still be 3/4 inch higher than stock? or do i need to get the high bend bars and the x clamp?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
you do not need to get the high bend bars. the clamps alone raise it 3/4". you could depending on how high you want it. but go with the logo clamps it looks much better.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the info. im gonna go with the logo clamp and standard bend..

·
Registered
465 Posts
i got a set of renthal fat bars that are nice and are pretty cheap compared to tag 2s. like 60 bucks or something. i got some fmf bar clamps from woodward pretty cheap also. if you dont like the way the bar clamps look you can always get a bar pad. i think it gives you a little more protection than the logo clamp. just my opinion though.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
i love my tag t2's but if you decide to get them, dont get the raptor bend-its what i have and not like the stock bend.

·
Registered
921 Posts
where can u buy the the 1 1/ 8 bar clamps cheap i wanna put protapers but u need a new clamp, has anyone tryed the protapers if so post pics plzzz :rock :yfz

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You can get the Tusk clamp like the one in my pictures. They are less than $30 bucks I think from Rocky Mountain ATV

·
Registered
385 Posts
IF you want to go another cheap route, buy the renthal atv race bars, and stickthem in your exsisting clamps. I love mine, I have had them on there since the day I bought the quad. They are much straighter and have a lot more up sweep to them. I think they where like $55-$60

·
Registered
836 Posts
buy the renthal atv race bars, and stickthem in your exsisting clamps. I love mine, I have had them on there since the day I bought the quad.
How much higher, are the race bars over the stock bars? And did you have to change any cables or hoses?

I need to go as high as possible, without changing hoses/cables. I put a set of FLY banshee bends on, and not real thrilled with them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've got the trail tech clamp, black cover boot and trail tech x bars which provide about a 1/2" over stock handlebar height. Any more increase than that will cause your brake line and clutch cable to be too tight. I rate this set up 10 out of 10.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts