YFZ Central banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just put on ODI "country boy" bend on my YFZ with the stock stem. I like the height, mind you I'm only 5'-7" ish and do more aggressive trail/track riding so I want a low set up.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
I went with precision clamps to try and help with arm pump they provide damping and flex in the bars. They are not intended to take the place of a steering stabilizer. I went to a mx track for the first time last fall in 11 years and did a lot better than expected and I think it has to do with precision’s products
Completely agree that they aren't intended to replace the stabilizer. I just wanted to feel the quads response to the stabilizer first before running both. Reason being, I was concerned that the combo would make the quad feel too soft, meaning I wouldn't be able to feel the terrain in my hands through the bars.
Ultimately they both affect the handle bars which in turn affects your arms / hands which in the end affects your grip and life there of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stock bars are 1-1/8
Stocks bars do taper to 7/8" at the bars ends don't they? I am looking for a riser to get the bars a little higher. At 6'0" When I stand , seems like I am leaning over too much. Like those Rox risers and may look into a pair of those.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
Stocks bars do taper to 7/8" at the bars ends don't they? I am looking for a riser to get the bars a little higher. At 6'0" When I stand , seems like I am leaning over too much. Like those Rox risers and may look into a pair of those.
Yeah they taper to 7/8 at the grip. 1 1/8 at the mount. I would be careful how high you go with the stock bars because they have a higher bend than the Odi bars that I bought and I just barely have enough slack on the cables to make it work. I would think you'd need extended cables if you installed the 2 inch Rox Risers with the stock handle bars. I could be wrong, I never tried it on mine, I just swapped bars right away. A lot of people have rerouted the cables too so you may be able to get away with that option if you added the risers. To put it in perspective, I would say I only added an inch in overall bar height by putting on the 2 inch Rox Risers with the Odi McGrath bars. If you run the risers with the stock bars you're obviously going to add exactly 2 inches to your current height.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I was curious what kind of slack I have in my cables. I ordered the Rox Risers this morning and will give it a try. may have to reroute some cables and hope I can get it to work or may have to change bars too.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
Yeah I was curious what kind of slack I have in my cables. I ordered the Rox Risers this morning and will give it a try. may have to reroute some cables and hope I can get it to work or may have to change bars too.
Let us know how it goes dude! Hopefully you can make it work.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts