YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade my bars. YFZ 450R 2020. and primarily trails riding, the occasional dunes, and now and then fart around on some track. Anyone have any suggestions, Pro Taper, Pro Taper, Renthal, Mika? Also, would you do stem and clamps at the same time, or could you piece it together down the road?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
looking to upgrade my bars. YFZ 450R 2020. and primarily trails riding, the occasional dunes, and now and then fart around on some track. Anyone have any suggestions, Pro Taper, Pro Taper, Renthal, Mika? Also, would you do stem and clamps at the same time, or could you piece it together down the road?

Thanks in advance,
I bought these and love them...
I still run the stock stem and added these to get the bars up 2 inches...
Rox also makes anti vibe risers so you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
I have Renthal fat bar cr high bend with Walsh +1 stem,precision clamps and odi lock on grips
View attachment 94472 View attachment 94473
Those were the other bars I was looking at, the Renthal CR High Bend or Pro Taper CR High Bend. Do you know what the total width is on those? I like the Odi's alot because they're pretty damn wide which gives me nice torque / control when pulling one way or another for sharp corners. To be more specific I got the McGrath's which are 805mm wide.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
This is what I used when I got them. Think they were slightly wider than stock. Everything just fits on my bars with hand guards and and 130mm grips

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought these and love them...
I still run the stock stem and added these to get the bars up 2 inches...
Rox also makes anti vibe risers so you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
oh dope, i'll check those out. any idea on if it's ideal to have lower, higher , stock height for trail riding? or i guess it's all rider preference. quite a snag im on w/ this mod. i appreciate it

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
It’s all preference honestly. How tall are you? I’m 6’1” and an aggressive rider and like the feel I have

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s all preference honestly. How tall are you? I’m 6’1” and an aggressive rider and like the feel I have
6'0 and honestly been a few years since ive been on a quad, but i know once i get comfortable, i'll be pushin this thing hard on the trails where it calls for it. Things already tuned and put a yoshi full system on it.

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
oh dope, i'll check those out. any idea on if it's ideal to have lower, higher , stock height for trail riding? or i guess it's all rider preference. quite a snag im on w/ this mod. i appreciate it
I honestly bought the bars first, installed them and realized they were too low. I'm not riding competitively so I have no desire to be hunched over straining my back AND I couldn't justify spending the money on an aftermarket stem (for how I ride) so I figured the next best thing to get the bars up was buying the Rox Risers. I could have bought the Precision Anti Vibe risers instead but again, I don't think they're worth the money for the type of riding I do / will be doing. Additionally, I wanted to try the Precision Stabilizer without the Anti Vibes first to get a good feel of how well that worked. If that didn't work then I would've spent the money on the Anti Vibe Risers. Luckily, the Stabilizer kicks ass and does it's job better than I would've ever expected.
As for height, you're right, it all depends on the rider & riding style. I'm 5'10" and I like where my bars currently are heightwise. I currently run stock footpegs so depending on what I get for aftermarket pegs, I may have to take the bars down an inch to make up for the lower pegs. We'll see though. Here's my bar setup with the Rox Risers....

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
atvman, you didn’t have to get longer cables at all right? My brake cable is about 1/4 of an inch from being too short on full right turns but I didn’t have to reroute anything either. I should probably do it anyway to give it a little more slack.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I honestly bought the bars first, installed them and realized they were too low. I'm not riding competitively so I have no desire to be hunched over straining my back AND I couldn't justify spending the money on an aftermarket stem (for how I ride) so I figured the next best thing to get the bars up was buying the Rox Risers. I could have bought the Precision Anti Vibe risers instead but again, I don't think they're worth the money for the type of riding I do / will be doing. Additionally, I wanted to try the Precision Stabilizer without the Anti Vibes first to get a good feel of how well that worked. If that didn't work then I would've spent the money on the Anti Vibe Risers. Luckily, the Stabilizer kicks ass and does it's job better than I would've ever expected.
As for height, you're right, it all depends on the rider & riding style. I'm 5'10" and I like where my bars currently are heightwise. I currently run stock footpegs so depending on what I get for aftermarket pegs, I may have to take the bars down an inch to make up for the lower pegs. We'll see though. Here's my bar setup with the Rox Risers....

View attachment 94476

View attachment 94477
View attachment 94478
Bike looks sick buddy love our colors think it’s the most unique color scheme racing has! Keep it up always post pics love the green oil resivor from jls

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
83 Posts
Bike looks sick buddy love our colors think it’s the most unique color scheme racing has! Keep it up always post pics love the green oil resivor from jls
I appreciate it dude! I was honestly on the fence about the color when I first got it. I didn't have a choice though, it was the only new quad left in the midwest (so I was told). Now I couldn't agree more, the color scheme has really grown on me and I absolutely love it! Working on getting a couple parts powder coated to match so I've embraced the colors and ran with it at this point. I'll send more pics once I get the powder coating done. (y)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I went with precision clamps to try and help with arm pump they provide damping and flex in the bars. They are not intended to take the place of a steering stabilizer. I went to a mx track for the first time last fall in 11 years and did a lot better than expected and I think it has to do with precision’s products

1 - 20 of 27 Posts