YFZ Central banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
"poly" they are hard plastic like rubbery hard to explain but I had to use a dremel to clear a 15T sprocket but I only had to lightly sand it to clear and its perfect

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
"poly" they are hard plastic like rubbery hard to explain but I had to use a dremel to clear a 15T sprocket but I only had to lightly sand it to clear and its perfect
I ask because I have access to free 1/2 lexon that I could use to make a duplicate of the aluminun ones I made.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I would think lexon would shatter under the pressure when the chain tucks itself into it. poly is more giving than lexon.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I would think lexon would shatter under the pressure when the chain tucks itself into it. poly is more giving than lexon.
Possibly. I may do an "impact" test with a BFH to see how it holds up. Even if it breaks the bolt holes on the lexon it will be worth it if it saves my case over an aluminum one. This rhino lexon stuff I have access to is used for impact testing so... hmmm.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The "poly" case savers are made out of delrin. You can buy it from mcmaster.
The word "poly" can be used for quite a few chemical compositions though. Thanks for the find though. Elminates my "free" option. Lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
So the dealer was no help on this or you did not try?
I dident even ask.... It was all my fault for not having the chain tight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The case is all welded up now. I will post pics tomorrow. I have been super busy with work and other projects so its been taken longer then I thought. Here's a pic of one of my other projects. One of many. Pics of the case to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ok here it is all fixed up. I only had to remove the clutch side.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well ...... Like the title says 1/2 hour on the first ride and this happened

I had a case saver on the bench ...... But I could not get one of the bolts off in time because it started to strip the head. So we went for a ride anyway. What a mistake. :( this bike was bought brand new in a crate. I took it apart to gusset the frame. Sat. I finished reassembly and Sunday we took it out. Fml.
Ouch

61 - 72 of 72 Posts