YFZ Central banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
dippy doodle
2,801 Posts
^^^^^^I agree with that ****. Only case saver to get is the UPP or Moose, they are the same. It has saved me a couple times.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well.... After some research on the different case savers available I think I'm going to make my own. I have access to the materials and machine shop. I don't think in my case it would have helped to have a case saver. So I'm going to make one with more coverage over the shifter to deflect the chain away. I also ordered a tmd chain guide to keep the chain on the rear sprocket. Just for extra insurance.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'd put my T.M. Designworks up against the Moose or UPP plus it has a chain guard so if you don't wear boots it won't suck your pants into the chain.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I'd put my T.M. Designworks up against the Moose or UPP plus it has a chain guard so if you don't wear boots it won't suck your pants into the chain.
^^^^^^^^^^post a pick or link of this bad boy i wanna see what kind of coverage it offers,i know for the carbd models TM design chain guards are worthless like most

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wouldn't have saved my case.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I made my own case saver. Two actually. One for 14 tooth sprocket and one for my 15 tooth.

The blue one is what I mocked the shape and bolt hole locations from.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks good. I'm going to make a couple as well. Prob 2 for the 08 and 2 for the 2014. I'm going to start making them tomorrow.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So which case saver should I get if I don't always wear boots when I ride. I have the carbed model and want one that you guys have had good experience with

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So which case saver should I get if I don't always wear boots when I ride. I have the carbed model and want one that you guys have had good experience with
Depends on what u ride. I don't think the older model case savers have a chain guard. But I'm pretty sure u can put your stock chain guard on with the case saver. The newer models come with a chain guard built in. This is the TM stuff I'm talking about.

·
Registered
266 Posts
But are they capable of running a chain guard on top of that? Or no? If you can put a chain guard on top of the case saver ill most likely go with Moose or UPP

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
To the best of my knowledge I don't think any run a chain guard on earlier models. Or able to put one on top unless its home modified.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The new TM one for the 12/13/14 has one built in.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Are the tusk case savers any good?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm developing one that is going to be a cut above the rest if you guys want to wait I wil post a pic early next week.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
What will make yours "a cut above the rest"? I'm asking out of curiosity not criticism. Thats why mine was twice as thick. Its as thick as our chains

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
More coverage and thicker. It needs to offer more protection to the shift shaft.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^post a pick or link of this bad boy i wanna see what kind of coverage it offers,i know for the carbd models TM design chain guards are worthless like most

it's their normal poly case save with a chain guard grafted on. It's as wide as the chain and will absorb the impact unlike the aluminum ones that don't give and crack the case anyway.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts