YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ...... Like the title says 1/2 hour on the first ride and this happened

I had a case saver on the bench ...... But I could not get one of the bolts off in time because it started to strip the head. So we went for a ride anyway. What a mistake. :( this bike was bought brand new in a crate. I took it apart to gusset the frame. Sat. I finished reassembly and Sunday we took it out. Fml.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Thatd make me sick!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's only part of the storie. On the way there my truck blew a lift pump. Once we got home with a broken bike and truck my 2012 car would not start(bad gas) that's 1 2 3 so bad things happen in 3's so I should be good for a bit.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Damn...

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
It's only part of the storie. On the way there my truck blew a lift pump. Once we got home with a broken bike and truck my 2012 car would not start(bad gas) that's 1 2 3 so bad things happen in 3's so I should be good for a bit.
Talk about a crap day. I better get me a guard before something happens. Any recommendations on a good chain guard?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a case saver you need. TM design works makes a good one.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Id say that's a defective chain and if the bike is new, take it to Yamaha see what they can do for you... you never know

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes brand new. No warranty. It's all my fault for not tightening the chain properly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been building mx quads for almost 10 years. I know better.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've said this before and I know it's hard to do but I've done this to my warrior and I had a guy weld it and it's fine now. If it's not as bad as the second guy who posted the picture you might be able to weld it. Sorry to both of you guys:/ didn't know they could crack that bad

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh I have no doubt I can weld it. Also need a shifter shaft ,seal,base gasket,head gasket and that should be it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It's a case saver you need. TM design works makes a good one.
I love TM Design Works, but their case savers are crap. I recently took out a case 1/4 lap into my first ride after replacing cases, and that was with a TM Design works saver. It was 100% my fault for re-using a master link, but I was not impressed.

Moose or UPP should be the only options anyone ever considers when buying a case saver.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts