YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the aluminum gytr slip on compares to the hmf slip on? Is there a big difference in power. I am probably going to get the hmf and a jd jet kit.
Does that sound like a good combo?
any help would be great.
thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Of the (2) I'd go w/ HMF 'cause they're cheaper (I think).

You don't need to buy a jet kit. James Dean needs you to buy one, but you don't need it. Contrary to the enormous hype surrounding 4-stroke jetting, you don't need to do much.

I know I'm a very small minority and it won't win me "Tech Guru" status, but increase your main when you add the slip-on and frigg'n ride.

All this talk about jetting is making me dizzy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I wondered if I should just buy the main jet from hmf when I ordered the slip on. Spending 5 bucks for a main jet sounds a lot better than 65 bucks for the jet kit.
thanks again

·
Registered
545 Posts
get a 45 pilot 168 main gyt-r needle 4th clip 2.5 turns out on screw lid off and your set....at least a good starting point

oh one more thing.....be ready to HOLD ON :rock

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by yfzrider93@Nov 23 2003, 09:12 PM
Spending 5 bucks for a main jet sounds a lot better than 65 bucks for the jet kit.
Good idea.

·
Registered
325 Posts
With the stock filter, lid on, and an HMF full system, I put a 180 main and 48 pilot in, and she ran just fine. I'm at 500 or so feet, I think. I haven't touched the needle or air/fuel mixture knob at all.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Originally posted by ZRider@Nov 24 2003, 03:40 PM
With the stock filter, lid on, and an HMF full system, I put a 180 main and 48 pilot in, and she ran just fine. I'm at 500 or so feet, I think. I haven't touched the needle or air/fuel mixture knob at all.
yeah?

Go check your plug. I am running (was) a 175 main, 48 pilot at 2 and a quasrter turns. I pulled my pug last night in prepping to do the cam mod, IT WAS BLACK! Almost looked wet. Carbon built up all around the electrode. That is wAAAAAY too fat. I am goin back to a 170 main and a 45 pilot so I dont foulf a plug half way up a steep ass hill....

Maxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts