YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to get the kit to keep the battery charged on my 04 when the lights are removed, can any one confirm the part number and my dealer does not have it
sam

·
Registered
240 Posts
Forgive me if I need to RTFM (read the factory manual) but I'm failing to see how simply leaving a circuit open is going to cause the battery to drain?

If anything leaving the circuit open would eliminate any chance of current draw.. What am I missing? Why is this "resistor" required or even needed?

·
Registered
140 Posts
without a load the charging system will not properly charge the battery. also there is a battery mod that helps with this. It is basically a CBR600 battery and you have to slightly modify the battery box to fit it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
QUOTE (newblue @ Feb 18 2009, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748043
without a load the charging system will not properly charge the battery. also there is a battery mod that helps with this. It is basically a CBR600 battery and you have to slightly modify the battery box to fit it.[/b]
I'm failing to understand how that is.. I'll look at the schematic later.. Once I'm done reading a PM I got today... :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool:

·
Registered
950 Posts
You need a new dealer ha.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got mine, i nearly had to buy from xcbob of his ebay site, yamaha have discontinued this part here in the uk, lucky i found a dealer that had one in stock

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just got this resistor, i have fitted a yz start buttom, im not sure what i did with the wires for the headlight switch as i done this mod years ago, headlights are not fitted, does it matter if they switch is on or off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts