YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what pipes will clear the GYTR kickstarter? Jim(alaskaspeed) saida he sold his sparks due to this issue. :yfz

·
Registered
304 Posts
i have an hmf and it clears!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
how much is the kicker kit and what all does it include?
is it easy to start?
and how hard is it all to put on?

·
Registered
971 Posts
i thought it was easy but if you are uncomfortable wiht it or unsure dont attempt it you will be inside a very expensive motor not likly to hurt it but anythings possible i have it on my 450 and think its a waste it doesnt clear my sparks pipe and i had to bend my ac heelguards to clear it and to top it all off its extremly hard to crank because i havent done the cam mod spend the 350 on something else or buy my kicker used because its coming off as soon as i get another seal for the side case

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do any of you guys know if the kick start clears the LRD exhaust system and how hard is it really to start with the kick start and cam mod? Im planning on getting a YFZ by spring break but i kinda need to know what im getting before then and i dont want to have battery problems either. I would rather kick start it anyway.

Thanks you guys

·
Registered
304 Posts
let me tell you i have a kicker and ever since i installed it i never used the electric start. first my battery was dying and so i had to kick it and from this i just got used to kicking it all the time. i also did the cam mod and mine kicks great. i think before i race i am going to take the starter out but not the battery b/c i might need it if i do some woods racing. hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts