YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got mine when I purchased my bike. And they guaranteed it to be in. I purchased it back in mid December. And the head is the only part I have not got yet. The dealer keeps saying the the so cal gytr dude says next week every time they talk to him. It's been about 10 weeks now and it's starting to be irritating. So I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I ordered one, but it hasn't come in yet.
At first the price seemed high, but if you consider that you price out all the parts, then add cams and porting, it's a pretty good deal, to be able to have a complete spare head, and not have your YFZR sitting and waiting for port work.

·
Registered
311 Posts
GYT-R is working on their design a little bit. Thats all I can really say. I understand your frustration, because Im waiting for mine too, but they are making adjustments to make it even better.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
jw but why not just give your head to a reputable engine builder, who will make it better than what gytr does, for cheaper?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Like daddio said, for what you receive and having a spare head, it is well worth the price. Plus, as a racer for Yamaha I have ridden with the head and I know that I like it and the performance. Plus, I wouldn't be able to get anything any cheaper that what my price is.
Yamaha knows that head better than any other company would.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
to have an extra bran new complete head lying around is what made me buy it. slap the gytr one on and have the other on the side for a back up. plus i didnt pay 2200 for mine either

·
Registered
315 Posts
the heads are out, the price way high for what you are getting, we have been doing heads for the 09 since dec and the guys that tell me they want one like the gytr is costing them about 1600 from here which includes the new 09 head valves and new cams and its making more power then the gytr head.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
If any of you have them throw some dyno numbers up of what these heads are capable of. mine port job cost me less than 500 dollars. so they better be putting down some major power

·
Registered
315 Posts
QUOTE (Stix1107 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748051
If any of you have them throw some dyno numbers up of what these heads are capable of. mine port job cost me less than 500 dollars. so they better be putting down some major power[/b]

the 09 puts down some good numbers with just the air box lid off and the baffle out of the exhaust, we have seen modded 09 putting down 64hp, iam very impressed with this new build from yamaha as they have done their homework and made the change where they where needed.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
lol hate to tell you but the head you get isnt the head that he is running.

Im not doubting that the new r puts down some major power, but how much is the head adding compared to what other builders ports can do, is what i was referring to.

You said it yourself derrick, after you work the head it puts down more power than the gytr porting

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
honestly bro, i dont care what that article says. You are not going to get the same head that stewart is running, or that nelson is running

and atleast one of the yamaha teams is not running that head, this i know for a fact

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
In my opinion, NOBODY will be able to get the same head that Bubba Stewart has. I doubt you'd even be able to get the head Dustin Nelson runs. While there may be articles that say you can buy that head, you can bet your last dollar that it's not the EXACT same one. These same articles also said the YFZ made 50HP and weighed 350 pounds. :strokin:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
yup its all hype, not saying the head isnt a great improvement over stock, but i doubt its going to produce the power, that the major builders are able to get from this bike. and at that price, to me its not worth it. but If you can get some dyno runs to prove that it can hand with the top builders I will believe you

·
Registered
950 Posts
jw but why not just give your head to a reputable engine builder, who will make it better than what gytr does, for cheaper?[/b]
Thats the route I would go, just because Yamaha makes good bikes doesn\\\\\\\'t mean they make the most power out of their aftermarket line.

lol hate to tell you but the head you get isnt the head that he is running.[/b]
Exactly haha, if you think your going to get the same head as all those big boys, think again.

:mhihi:[/

The head will be run by factory ATV racer Dustin Nelson, (and Yamaha’s Motorcycle MX factory team, including James Stewart[/b]
Once again, no lol

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
Over 2G's for a head that has a "GYTR" logo on it no thanks.

Same head as Dustin Nelson's "Dubach Racing" doctored "GYTR" head...I don't think so.

Same head as Bubba's head.....seriously :strokin: ....

Why spend over 2G's for the same head that the guy next to you on the same gate is running :wtf:

I'm sorry but anybody that has common sense and a slimmer wallet will know better to send it to a respectable engine builder/porter........with a Flowbench.....yes I said it .......FLOWBENCH!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts