YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the gytr gasket kit for top end is the same as the stock YFZ gaskets? I orders the Gytr ones from my dealer a month ago and they are still on back order. I think they stock the base and head gasket but don't sell them as a kit. I want to make sure the GYTR ones are not special gaskets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
There is nothing special about the GYTR gaskets, they came with my 13:1 piston and then when I took it apart last week to check things out I reinstalled it with stockers from the stealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, Those are the kind of replies i like.

Pahrump- How did things look when you took it apart to check things out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by EX 80@Jan 12 2004, 09:24 AM
Thank you, Those are the kind of replies i like.

Pahrump- How did things look when you took it apart to check things out?
When I took it apart, everthing looked like it did when I installed it.

So that was good after reading about the problem the fella on the other board had with his. But I think his problem had to do with bad fuel not the piston itself.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Same as the stocker. waste of mony if u ask me

im wit Pahrump on this one

PAHRUMP WHAT KIND OF FUEL DO U USE?
:what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Clutch123@Jan 12 2004, 01:30 PM
Same as the stocker. waste of mony if u ask me

im wit Pahrump on this one

PAHRUMP WHAT KIND OF FUEL DO U USE?
:what
Running Methanol


But when I run gas I either run straight 100 cause I can buy it at the pump here or I run 91/110 40/60.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another quick question for Pahrump. You tighten the head like in the service manual? tighten to 22ftlbs, then taken them out and regrease bolts. Tighten to 14ftlbs, then turn 180 degrees. I have never heard of that until i saw it in the manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Yeah install the head bolts just like you posted above. It has something to do with the sealing of the head gasket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pahrump- In the manual it says to put "molybdenium disful grease" on the threads of the head bolts. What did you use? I found some assembly lube, with moly and graphite in it. But its not the same consistancy of what was on the bolts i took out. Stuff on the threads was pasty like never seize, stuff in tube i have is kind of slimy. I have not used it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by EX 80@Jan 15 2004, 09:27 AM
Pahrump- In the manual it says to put "molybdenium disful grease" on the threads of the head bolts. What did you use? I found some assembly lube, with moly and graphite in it. But its not the same consistancy of what was on the bolts i took out. Stuff on the threads was pasty like never seize, stuff in tube i have is kind of slimy. I have not used it.
I used ARP moly lube its the stuff that you use when you install ARP head bolts in cars.

Worked fine for me I got no leaks.

You can even use motor oil but I am not sure what to torque the bolts to if you do that. You see different kinds of lube on the bolts will cause the bolts to torque different.

For instance on a Mustang with ARP bolts if you use the ARP lube you tighten them to 75ft lbs and if you use oil you go to like 85 ft lbs.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top