YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i finnally got my gytr jets from my dealer only took 2 months but i have my gytr exhaust on now wondering what jets i should put in? will the clip 3 down on the needle and a 165 be plenty. i have no idea what to do with the pilot, which one to put in? if any one can help then please do i am goign to try to tear my carb apart myself all i have to do is turn it and take that bottom nut off to my understanding don't look to hard. what color should the plug be if running good?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey.....

if you are running the stock airfilter, you should be good with a 168 main and a 45 pilot, stock needle, fifth clip, if you are using the yzf needle, put it on the 4th clip. Probably around two and a quarter turns on the fuel screw. I have been back and forth. I was running a 178, and the plug was black, but it screamed like mad. I dropped to a 170 and it ran ok until Wide open throttle, and it would bog a little, but the plug color was good (brownish grey). So now with the cooler weather I am running a 175 and it seems to run great. I have a k&N so the flow is better than the stock filter, thats why I think a 168 shoudl suit you well. Good luck...

Maxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts