YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'm trying to decide which exhaust to get. its between hmf or the gyt-r titanium pipe and header. i heard some negative stuff about the gyt-r but has anyone tried the ti pipe. i know its different metal from the stainless and carbon pipe. i also like the look of the hmf especially the powder coating. please tell me your opinions on these pipes? thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
i run a sparks on my 450, and also had a gyt-r slip on briefly which i did not like at all. it was mainly with the fit and installation. i didnt care for the rubber band things that go around it, all the spacers and crap you need to use, and so on....it made it quite a hassle to install when it should be a simple procedure. my sparks went on in literally half the time and its a full system. not to mention it preforms a billion times better. i would personally go with the sparks, but if for some reason you do not like it then go with the hmf system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:stupid I'd recommend the TC, too. Otherwise I know a guy that custom fabricates a TC pipe for less, and it fits/mounts better. I don't know if he has one for your bike though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
HMf will have a super quiet, good performing pipe out anyday now, they have a couple that are pretty nice on the market already too. AND in nice colors.

I had the GYTR on my Raptor, and the packing blew out first trip, the spark arrestor melted in about 10 minutes. It got progressivly louder each trip out.

I hated it.

You may want to consider the YOSHI at $299 delivered from:

rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have the gyt-r slip aluminum on and really dont like it.Not a good fit,packing blew out etc.Im going with the full hmf.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a duncan full system and i realy like it. Nice fit and finish and good power gains. Best pipe i have ridden so far

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANKS GUYS,,,I HEAR SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GYT-R PIPES THAT I DON'T WANT TO BE HASSLED BY IT. I THINK I'M GOING WITH HMF. I LIKE THE LOOKS AND FROM WHAT I HEARD THE QUALITY IS GOOD. THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. WHEN I GET IT I WILL TELL YOU HOW IT WAS.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
rippin-how loud is the sparks pipe? i know it performs amazing, but im thinking it might be a little TOO loud. also, anyone know how many decibals a full fmf powercore 4 is on a warrior on stock jetting? (its not my quad, my friends. good place to compare.)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Dec 22 2003, 07:23 PM
rippin-how loud is the sparks pipe? i know it performs amazing, but im thinking it might be a little TOO loud. also, anyone know how many decibals a full fmf powercore 4 is on a warrior on stock jetting? (its not my quad, my friends. good place to compare.)
eh...louder than stock...lmao. its not too bad...some people might not like it, but i do...the power is amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts