YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't I hear anything about the GYT-R pipes?
I have the carbon fiber with stainless header and want to know
how it stacks up to the rest.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have one, mid pipe and aluminum can. It really woke up the YFZ and now it is a trail and track demon. For my old azz (35), it is mostly for trails and lying about. :blah

·
Registered
983 Posts
old azz at 35. dang, im 33 and don't consider myself old. Well i am cmpared to some of these young whippersnapper. Anyway, i just put my order though to ALBA Action for my GYTR Carbon pipe with header and jets. WHat Jets come with the Pipe?
WHat kind of performance increase can expect from th stock pipe? will it be very noticable.
Thanx

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just put the GYT-R pipe and header on and it sounds sweet. I had the baffel out and though that would work fine. But I had gotten a chance to ride a 450 with the GYT-R on with stock header on and I was sold.

There was much more bottom end than the stock can with out the baffel. I hit the rev limmiter sooner now.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Loki,
That sounds promising for things to come for me! WHat is your jetting?
I ordered the full kit with the needle and jets plus the header pipe and dont even know what jets are in the package deal. I already had the GYTR Jet kit and put the 165 and 45 pilot with the new needle in my carb. I suspect the needle that comes with the pipe kit is the same that i already have. Oh well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
No the GYT-R needle should be the same from the YZ450F dirtbike. Its better than what you have stock. You should definately use it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i already put in the needle that came with the gytr jetting kit so im good to go on that

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am at 170 on the main 45 pilot GYT-R needle clip #3 sea level

I think I might be a little rich But I would like to get the K&N kit to make it more lean.
From what I hear is that the K&N kit really helps air flow.

Then the list goes on and on and on!

I got a good deal from Bob at Magnoila tractor. It was $403.00 two day with 168,170,172 jets.
It would have been cheaper but I had to have two day delivery. So I could have it before I raced.

The only problem I have is a slight stumble when I blip the gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts