YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local dealer today and bought myself a GYT-R Multistage Foam Filter I chose that over the K&N because I've heard that the K&N lets in fine dust particles so i didn't want any of that in my engine because most of my riding is in the desert and there is alot of dust there so I heard that the Foam filter does not allow any small dust particles through thats why I chose it over the K&N but when i asked my dealer if i had to rejet my YFZ if I put on the Filter and took off my airbox lid he said that I had to rejet so I bought the GYT-R jetting kit for the YFZ but I'm now wondering do I have to rejet or did I buy it for nothing? If I do have to rejet could someone please tell me the exact settings that i would have to rejet at with my GYT-R filter without the airbox lid at sea level.
Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
are you running a pipe yet? i would install the 48 pilot, the needle on the 4th clip and a 168. may be a bit rich but you can test it out. where do you ride? I'm in bahrain as well. Ever seen the #74 YFZ450 running around?

and for what it's worth, i've been running the K&N with outerwears out here with no problems. it breathes better than the gyt-r.

and every time you do something to allow more fuel or more air into the engine.........gotta rejet!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not running any pipe yet but I intend on getting the yoshimura system or another one if you could suggest a better one for bahrain conditions. I mostly ride in saar and go to the desert every weekend. I've never seen the #74 YFZ but I wanna know what color is it? Where do you ride wildtxn? and I wanna know are you bahraini or what?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Any pipe will run great in bahrain. The ONLY 2 I have seen on the YFZ's first hand is the GYT-R and the FMF Titanium 4. I had the GYT-R first before I installed the FMF. FMF is louder that anything I've seen. I would like to try the Jardine system too. For your best luck though, Isa Kooheji's shop usually has the GYT-R pipes in stock. I'm in the desert almost every friday Riding With Isa, Samer and Ahmed. You will know my bike when you see it. My bike is blue with the GYT-R Flame graphics and Number plates #74. And when looking for us in desert. We don't ride at the bottom of the hills, we ride up TOP. And no, I'm not bahraini, I'm TEXAN

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just came back from the workshop and they installed my filter and re-jetted my carb but i dont know at what settings but it sounded a bit better and felt a bit stronger i'm gonna order the yz cam and do the cam mod and try a few races with some z400's,raptor's and yfz's anyway i will probably be in the desert this weekend as well as friday so see u there.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i'm hoping to be there this weekend "inshalla". i'm installing new shocks, swingarm, a-arms, kicker, pistons, hubs and everything else right now and my bike is completely torn apart. having minor difficulties, but almost worked out. if nothing else fails i should be there.

·
Registered
503 Posts
not extremely. there isn't a ton of demand for them here so not a lot in stock. if your looking for something, let me know and i will get you prices if they have it. the owner is one of my two best riding buddies. you've definitely got a better selection in dubai than here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey wildtxn could tell me what i should jet my yfz at if im going to remove my baffle and do the cam mod and i already have my airbox lid off and gytr foam filter, so could u tell me what to jet at with the GYT-R jetting kit?

·
Registered
503 Posts
my friends here with the gyt-r kit run a 170 main on 4th and 2 turns out for the cam mod, full pipe and gyt-r filter. i would just drop the main down to about 168 or 165 and try that. I wish i could be more help, but I am running the james dean kit and it's quite a bit different on setting.

·
Registered
490 Posts
hi again,... tell one thing can take the lid off with k&N foam
air filter.. do u have the outware???
if i did the same without any other mo what rejet sitting i need?

·
Registered
503 Posts
i do run the K&N and do have the outerwear but have a large volume air box. I haven't seen a K&N foam filter. do you mean teh gyt-r or pro design one? the k&n is a special type of paper filter.

with a foam and lid off i would expect you would be at 2 turns out, 48 pilot, and 3rd clip on needle and 165 main. if you go to a k&n, go up to the 4th clip and try the 165, if too lean go to 168. don't go to 170 until you add an exhaust. i'm running 190 but i'm running high comp pistons, full exhaust, K&N, race fuel, etc..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts