YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you are running a full GYT-R pipe, GYT-R Dual stage filter, lid off with GYTR needle. what jetting are you using?

main #? , pilot #?, needle clip position?, mixture screw setting?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. I can't get mine dialed in right...

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GYTR jetting instructions say #3 on the YZ needle and a 165 main with the stock 42 pilot.

This does not work on mine with the full GYTR pipe, dual stage foam element, lid off ..

Tonight I tried a variety of combinations while just running in neutral and slowly turning the throttle from idle to 1/2 and listening for sputtering, popping and backfiring ..

everything from 165, 167, 170 and 172 mains..
3rd, 4th and 5th positions (from top) on the YZ needle.

I left it tonight with the 45 pilot, 172 main and 4th positon on the YZ needle for full testing all day tomorrow.

Hoping to get this thing figured out.. Will post results in a day or so.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Right now I have a 175 main, 48 pilot, yz needle 4th clip. I have the same exact mods as you. I got a mean dead spot at 1/4 throttle. I think it may be my mixture screw.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had a 48 pilot because if I did, it would be in.. I think I'm a bit lean on the low end and the pilot may be the culprit.

Mine is at 2 3/4 turns on the mixture screw..

I do have the 175 main and may try that tomorrow.

Have you tried alot of different combinations?

Do you know if Yamaha provides any details on jetting recommendations for this set-up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright GUYS I am in some really need of help here....

Am new to all this and wanted to Jet my YFZ... So i bought the GYTR Jet kit Model # GYT-5TG98-10-00

& It Includes new needle, main jets (#152, #155, #158, #160, #162, #165, #168 and #170) and pilot jets (#40 and #45).

Got that for 30 bucks off a friend and he said it needs to be jetted correctly. So i need some help here for anyone that knows what to do on these things..
Here is what am running it on...
LID OF
KN&N INTAKE
LRD PRO4 Exhaust Slip on,

and i live almost by the sea level the dunes are like 30 mins away and i ride only on the beaches. So please help me what to set my needle and if i should use the gytr needle and what jets to put on and what those jets actually do.. really appriciate thanks alot...

And some instructions on also how to install it would be great!! I know where they go but i want to make sure i dont mess this up thanks a lot guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts