YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see people always asking questions about what can i cut out or how do i go about gutting my harness well i used to have the same questions until i just decided to hack it up and if something went wrong i guess i could patch it back together if i had to.

i searched all over the place for a good diagram and all i could find was one that had only the bare bones on what the quad needs to run so i started making my own i started by taking off the obvious stuff like tors, tps, clutch wire, all the estart crap, and then i worked into the not so obvious stuff, diodes, neutral switch and brake lights.

i will provide the 2 harness configurations i made as well as the one i found with only the essentials and a full yfz wireing diagram so you can make your own or modify the other ones

essentials only

one setup i made

another setup i made

full yfz harness

i hope this helps people out a little bit when trying to gut harnesses if some one has other diagrams or pointers when gutting to add to this please do so

as far as how to go about gutting it how i did it was took the harness off the quad un-taped it all layed it on the floor all nice and neatly and then started following my diagram and cutting off wires no longer needed and where wires had to be connected together i soldered them together and put a piece of shrink tubing over the joint once i was satisfied with my job i took black tape and re-taped it all together i dont know if this was the right way or the smart was but it worked out just fine for me

·
Registered
657 Posts
great post. i'll be venturing into this myself soon. thx!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
another setup i made

did you have any problems with the bike running weird when the fan was on? I have my fan rigged to run at all times and if i get rid of the battery i dont want my bike to run like crap.

·
Registered
657 Posts
ya i messed up somewhere. i have no spark now.. pretty upset.. i cut out only what i thought was useless wiring.. taillight wiring. front brake wiring. clutch lever wiring foot brake wiring.. i stopped at any 3 way connection and now the bike has no spark.. pretty pissed.. went to finally start it and now nothing...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nevermind I found it :icon_biggrin::)

The Throttle Override System (TORS) is comprised of several components:

throttle switch (little black wire coming into the thumb trottle housing
carb switch (the lower of the (2) wiring connections on the carb &
TPS or throttle postion sensor (the higher/upper of the (2) wiring connections on the carb.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
QUOTE (MustHaveBeenBlue @ Mar 20 2009, 06:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=760009
ya i messed up somewhere. i have no spark now.. pretty upset.. i cut out only what i thought was useless wiring.. taillight wiring. front brake wiring. clutch lever wiring foot brake wiring.. i stopped at any 3 way connection and now the bike has no spark.. pretty pissed.. went to finally start it and now nothing...[/b]
Your problem is probably in the ground circut somewhere. I believe the grounding circut for the ignition goes through the lighting circut.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know this is a bit of a old topic...But I have a small problem that is buggin me, the bike runs great neutral...Put it in gear and it will stall each time no matter how much gas...Just cut out and dies, like it stops firing...

I disconnected the throttle sensor,clutch sensor and back brake sensor...Maybe one of the things I disconnected is causing it too...Tor's on the carb is still hooked up....Just wondering if someone else has ran into this issue?

·
Registered
246 Posts
When you disconnect the 2 wires from your clutch you need to wire them together so there always connected

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you disconnect the 2 wires from your clutch you need to wire them together so there always connected
Ok when I did this it burned the wire. So I have no choice but to disconnect it. No what are you all doing with all the safeties? Are you just cutting them out of the harness? My wiring is messed up and I really need help with making or getting a cut race harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i see people always asking questions about what can i cut out or how do i go about gutting my harness well i used to have the same questions until i just decided to hack it up and if something went wrong i guess i could patch it back together if i had to.

i searched all over the place for a good diagram and all i could find was one that had only the bare bones on what the quad needs to run so i started making my own i started by taking off the obvious stuff like tors, tps, clutch wire, all the estart crap, and then i worked into the not so obvious stuff, diodes, neutral switch and brake lights.

i will provide the 2 harness configurations i made as well as the one i found with only the essentials and a full yfz wireing diagram so you can make your own or modify the other ones

essentials only

one setup i made

another setup i made

full yfz harness

i hope this helps people out a little bit when trying to gut harnesses if some one has other diagrams or pointers when gutting to add to this please do so

as far as how to go about gutting it how i did it was took the harness off the quad un-taped it all layed it on the floor all nice and neatly and then started following my diagram and cutting off wires no longer needed and where wires had to be connected together i soldered them together and put a piece of shrink tubing over the joint once i was satisfied with my job i took black tape and re-taped it all together i dont know if this was the right way or the smart was but it worked out just fine for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello someone please help!! I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 2012 Yamaha yz450f. I have been looking all night with no luck. Thanks so much

1 - 20 of 20 Posts