YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yall have any pics of different grooved turf tamers?? I'm getting mine grooved and dnt which pattern to use and which works the best. I found this groove..... anyone know how good it is??

Attachments

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by fastpred500@Aug 14 2003, 01:49 AM
That bike looks very familer weres it from?
i hav no idea..... it was on the net...... do u know if thats a good pattern?

·
Registered
91 Posts
No sorry i dont know if its a good patern but ill try to find out a guy were i ride has that same patern ive seen that on 2 bikes now so i gess its good but i dont know.

·
Registered
625 Posts
the usual groove job on them is you take two then three knobs out in a pattern. You can go to Nacs website or James Lucky I think they show them on there. The groove job in that pic wont be much better than ungrooved tamers.
Isaac

·
Registered
263 Posts
Heres my set... Just bought them for the fiddy :D

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ DAWG@Aug 15 2003, 03:29 AM
Heres my set... Just bought them for the fiddy :D
those are my fav. i know of one other one but it takes to much of the tire away :|

·
Registered
67 Posts
What does the grooving offer? Is there too much tread on the stock tire?

I have ungrooved turf tamers on my cannondale and I dont get very good traction with them. Does removing knobbies help? What do you use to take them off? Razor blade?

ZThanks for the help, great thread

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by LapTraffic@Aug 15 2003, 06:59 PM
What does the grooving offer? Is there too much tread on the stock tire?

I have ungrooved turf tamers on my cannondale and I dont get very good traction with them. Does removing knobbies help? What do you use to take them off? Razor blade?

ZThanks for the help, great thread
grooved tamers offer improved traction in looser packde terrain, whereas ungrooved tamers shine n the hard packed stuff. as for grooving them, you can use a razorblade (and most people do) or you can use an actual tire groover. nac's sells them for $30. IMO use a razorblade-its cheaper and just as easy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Tainted, looks like you passed on the dale and got yersefl a Z. How do you like it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Save yourself the grooving time and just buy ITP Holeshot MXR's.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by LapTraffic@Aug 15 2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks Tainted, looks like you passed on the dale and got yersefl a Z. How do you like it?
yep-passed the dale as soon as they went under.anyway, yea i got the z. its a nice bike. handles great, power is good. basically, all i could ask for from a trail quad. but, i am looking to upgrade to a yfz sometime before next summer.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by WP@Aug 16 2003, 09:44 PM
those are expensive and wear too fast.......... but thnx for the help

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Aug 18 2003, 08:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Aug 18 2003, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WP@Aug 16 2003, 09:44 PM
those are expensive and wear too fast.......... but thnx for the help [/b][/quote]
the tamers wear even faster 8|

1 - 16 of 16 Posts