YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally grew some balls and cut my fenders :lol I think they look pretty dang good, matter of fact I think Yamaha should just produce these quads this way :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nils, and yeah I did get the alky dialed in pretty good today.

I had to make a call to Brian at Sudco to talk a while though. If you are up or gonna be give me a call and I will tell you what he said.

I think you still have my number??

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump@Feb 4 2004, 10:07 PM
Well I finally grew some balls and cut my fenders :D
Glad you joined the club

looks trick,

Geoff.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Cutting your fender is fine if you live out in the sunny SW but up here we have some real hardship like mud and rocks where you are greatfull for every square inch of fender.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looking good, Scott! I finally bit the bullet and ordered up my Vortex X10 cdi too....isn't that the one you have?

·
Registered
100 Posts
looks good i was gonna cut mine but after i hit the tree i only have the bottom 2 bolts holding my plastic on so i cant cut it

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by AlaskaYFZ@Feb 5 2004, 05:03 AM
Looking good, Scott! I finally bit the bullet and ordered up my Vortex X10 cdi too....isn't that the one you have?
Thanks Jim, but about the ignition, no I have the DynaTek Box, I am still just testing it I think they will be ready for sale late this month or early March.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by velocity111@Feb 5 2004, 08:03 AM
I called Dynatek about 3 weeks ago, and they said production would be ready by April / May :eek :eek :eek
Wow, that's crazy, I just talked to [email protected] yesterday and he said looked like they realistically should be for sale around late March but maybe before.

I don't see why its taking so long, I have had mine since before Christmas.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Feb 4 2004, 11:05 PM
wat did ya use?
Tape them off and did the cutting with a Dremel, worked pretty dang good. I still need to clean the edges up a little with some sandpaper.

Took about 30 minutes...had to get it done while the wife was gone so when she got back it was too late :lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
about 1/2 inch into your cut, you will doubt that you are doing a good thing.. but when i was done with me.. man was i happy..

i cut mine the same way... it looks SHARP! plus you loose that metal bracket...

less weight. good!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Lookin Good. Yfz's come stock with pretty tiny fenders. When i get mine i will cut them off. I read somewhere on a website that it takes 2 pounds off the overal weight. is that because of the lack of resistance? Because i don't think that part of fender weighs a pound

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The part I cut off mine weighed 2.6 lbs on a very accurate fish scale.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I never seense cut fenders liike that they look awsome!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts