YFZ Central banner

521 - 536 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I dont know your mods... but IMO your right on the edge running extremes imo with a stock to mild build. But there are many more duners around than myself. Im lucky to see sand once a year
Yea because I don't want to show up at glamis and then they don't hook well

·
Registered
610 Posts
So for my setup what would be a good V paddle? I was thinking the edge maybe? I wont be doing a lot of dragging but I would like the tires to hook up when needed. My wife will be riding the YFZ when we go to the dunes so I thought a V paddle would be the best idea but I duno. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
3,099 Posts
Best place to buy sand tires. I've decided in skat trak haulers 21x12x8 with 8 paddles. Any dealers on here?
Talk to Dave at Fullerton Sand Sports, tell him your mods and where you ride and he will suggest the right paddle for you. If you ride Oregon dunes you will probably want a 6 or 7 paddle, I like the extremes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Best place to buy sand tires. I've decided in skat trak haulers 21x12x8 with 8 paddles. Any dealers on here?
Talk to Dave at Fullerton Sand Sports, tell him your mods and where you ride and he will suggest the right paddle for you. If you ride Oregon dunes you will probably want a 6 or 7 paddle, I like the extremes.
Thanks. I was thinking 7 but couldn't find them in a hauler.

·
Super Moderator
3,099 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
So for my setup what would be a good V paddle? I was thinking the edge maybe? I wont be doing a lot of dragging but I would like the tires to hook up when needed. My wife will be riding the YFZ when we go to the dunes so I thought a V paddle would be the best idea but I duno. Any thoughts?
if you want decent hook up and a v paddle should just get ITP sand stars they are the cheapest one out there and good for your mods i have about the same mods you do and they did just fine for general duning.

·
Super Moderator
3,099 Posts
Opinions on 20/9/9 Haulers anyone? 05 yfz jetted,piped,high compression piston and cam mod done
My opinion is stay away from 20's - you will probably want 21's. You can call Dave at Fullertons and he will recommend paddles based on where you ride and your mods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the market for some new tires. Running 05 450, piped,jetted,cam mod,zip mod,high comp piston,stock gearing (about to give 15 front a shot), no air box k&n air filter, stock swingarm everything else is stock other than alittle weight I shed headlights, front brakes, nerf bars,front bumper etc. I run 300 ft flat sand drags on course riverbed sand in oklahoma. Is there anyone who could give alittle insight on some tires that would be good for the set up I have ? I've ran 22" 9 and 10 paddle haulers. Really like the grip I had but do have some trouble keeping it down outve the hole (lift and run outta real estate tryna catch up at times). Would 8 paddles be a better set up ? Thank you for any input

521 - 536 of 536 Posts