YFZ Central banner

481 - 500 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is a less expensive alternative below the Skat Trak's edge V style shape for the dunes? I'm mainly asking about brand and flexability, I don't want to buy some hard sand stars. But I don't want to worry about ripping a cup or puncturing a tire.

Also does anyone have a recent side shot of the 20x10x8 6 paddle haulers or edge? I'm debating between 6" or 8" rim, flex is important but I'm not too crazy about riding big ole' donuts, I would like a little more rim.

I ride nothing but dunes in Glamis with some moderate jumps, and little drag for kicks.

The bigger the rollout the more round shape the tire has correct? And what is the whole .125 and .190 measurements about?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After doing a search, there were a few links to this thread. After the 6th page I am more confused than ever.

Stock YFZ for dune riding in Glamis? Paddle and tire size? Mainly for sliding and general riding, I have a set of haulers that came with the quad if I want to drag/hill. Not sure 6-7-8. Will check that next.

I read there are different tires for different dunes and different paddles for drag/ hill or just sliding?

This thread is amazing. Some people are really passing along some great knowledge.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Bump for a great thread. Thanks for everybody's input. Everybody who is going to buy a set of paddles should read this first!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know this post is like 4 years in the making. but hears my 2¢. heres a side shot of 6 paddle extremes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love this thread. So much good info in its 25 (currently) pages. Here is my setup:

2008 Kawasaki KFX450
Stock gearing (14x38)
Stock piston (12.1:1)
Stock bore & stroke
Rear - STU 21x12x8 6 paddle Comp Cut Padla Brats (68 Roll Out) on Douglas 8x10 .125 rims
Front - STU Razorback 22x8xx10 on Douglas 10x8 .125 rims.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do I really have to read through 25 pages of this to find out differnece is between sand devils and haulers? besides price.... i found a set of both for sale. Haulers (10 paddle) have a tear on one blade, otherwise new. Sand devils (9 paddle) are brand spankin new. both same price.... which it the better option?
i think the hauler hawks are sweet, but i only make it to the little sahara twice a year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
QUOTE (bighamster @ Apr 7 2010, 11:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=848532
Do I really have to read through 25 pages of this to find out differnece is between sand devils and haulers? besides price.... i found a set of both for sale. Haulers (10 paddle) have a tear on one blade, otherwise new. Sand devils (9 paddle) are brand spankin new. both same price.... which it the better option?
i think the hauler hawks are sweet, but i only make it to the little sahara twice a year.[/b]
Sand Devil are heavy, and molded like most V paddles, only they are strait.

Hualers are buffed down tire carcass with vulcanized paddles. Much lighter, and higher quality. Skat-Trak can also replace your blade for cheap.

10 is a lot of paddles unless you have a pretty high HP bike. (6,7,or 8 paddles seems to be the norm)

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE (DallasGDub @ Apr 7 2010, 02:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=848548
Sand Devil are heavy, and molded like most V paddles, only they are strait.

Hualers are buffed down tire carcass with vulcanized paddles. Much lighter, and higher quality. Skat-Trak can also replace your blade for cheap.

10 is a lot of paddles unless you have a pretty high HP bike. (6,7,or 8 paddles seems to be the norm)[/b]
i would ideally like to have 8. but looking on craigslist makes it tough. skat-trak also charges $10 per paddle. if i had them all replaced, its the same as just buying a new one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Friendly bump, I've been riding since I can remember, and recently tried out the SKAT TRAK Extreme Haulers in a the 7 paddle configuration. I'm in love with them.

For future reference, the difference between the Skat Trak Extremes VS Haulers is that the Extremes paddle thickness is twice as thick. The paddle itself is much stiffer. I went down to Fullerton Sand Sports in Orange County CA to see the difference between the 2 and it was pretty astonishing. The Haulers I was able to bend back the paddle quite easily one handed, but on the extremes, I was lucky to barely move the paddle with both hands.

Now that I've seen the difference between the Haulers and Extremes, I'm staying with Extremes from now on.

And incase anyone was wondering, the 7 paddle hooks up for drag racing and duning AWESOME for a rather stockish quad (pipe, intake, cam-mod).

·
Registered
284 Posts
I run 21x12x8 6 paddle extremes on both my 450's. great all around sand tires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thread bumb

just bought a set of 20x11-8 achieva powersports sand gear rear tires on ITP T-9 baja wheels. the tires were only ran once (in mud and no tares or missing chunks from paddles) i paid $100 for the set. ill probly only run them on the coal hills in treverton.

think this was a good deal?? i dont know anything about paddle tires, except that they have paddles.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
gliders on yfz

Hi guys, I was wondering about running 22x11x8 8 paddle gliders on my yfz. Would they be any good? Haven't seen much on gliders, mainly haulers and extremes. Thanks

481 - 500 of 536 Posts