YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is running a 7 paddle hauler on a 21 or 22" tire with their YFZ?

How do you like them?

Anyone running UL hauler with 7 paddles?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edgerat was promoting that set up last summer as the ulitimate drag and hill shooter tire.. I also thougth the fast Sparks quads were running 7 paddle UL haulers???

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by cpcpatriot@Sep 1 2004, 06:22 PM
I am running 7 paddle 22 ultralights.
my bike is extended 6 inches and is more than just piped :lol
it has plenty of hookup on the launch and it goes great.
I cant compare 7 to 8 paddle ultra lights but I really like my 7's MORE THAN ENOUGH PADDLE
Couple of questions for you..

- where did you find them?
- how much do they weigh?
- what is the roll out on them?
- what wheel size and type are you running?
- what about all around duning, is it possible on those?

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
I bought mine from fullerton
they weigh 8 pounds 8 ounces each tire or about 11 pounds mounted
roll out is 71
they are on 8X8 but I would like them on some 8X6's
I got a THORN in one last weekend and it made a small hole. I would not recomend these tires for dunning
If you want a light tire and dune get either sand tires unlimited or some double buff haulers.
later dave

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cpcpatriot@Sep 1 2004, 08:41 PM
I bought mine from fullerton
they weigh 8 pounds 8 ounces each tire or about 11 pounds mounted
roll out is 71
they are on 8X8 but I would like them on some 8X6's
I got a THORN in one last weekend and it made a small hole. I would not recomend these tires for dunning
If you want a light tire and dune get either sand tires unlimited or some double buff haulers.
later dave
Thanks

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I did not think that the 7 paddles would be enough but now I better think about what paddles I am gonna buy for this year.

I know they will not be UL's cause I like to dune alot.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave

With reference to your position on how the ULs dune..

Are you recommending not to dune with the ULs because of their
poor resistance to punctures? or handling with them? or traction?

Just wondering if I go with a dubble buffed 7 paddle hauler in 21 or 22 for general dunning at Glamis and wether they will perform as well as a conventional 8 paddle 20".

·
Registered
875 Posts
they are to fragile to dune with and not be worried about them all the time. I have some double buffs and i really like them but they are only 20's. I like 21's and 22's just fine for dunning. it wont spin the rear end around but they are just fine. A 21 or 22 will out perform a 20 in racing situations the get better starts and they have higher top speeds. the traction and handling are fine for dunning just to fragile, double buffs would be a good compramise but I would consider some comp cut sand tires unlimited. they run around 150 a tire but they are 7 1/2 pounds for a 9 paddle tire :O they are suppose to be durable. the fastest piped yfz's in utah run that tire and really like them. I have never tried them but have heard good things about them.
hope that helps dave

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The STU comp cuts are a sweet tire. Very fast too and they have a V paddle. You wouldnt think by looking at them that they are a good drag tire ... but they are.

These would be a good choice for you Mike. Also look at 20x10x8 in a double buff. Both are gonna be pretty spendy though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would like to try a set of Comp cut brats but the roll out is only 68ish so they are a shorter tire but the 9 paddle is 1 pound lighter than my 7 paddle haulers. the Brats have a different profile to there paddle it is not as cupped and it doesnt have as much drag on them. I think you could easily turn a 9 paddle comp cut brat. I know three bikes here in utah that run them ;)
I havent had a chance to run them but I have heard good things about them. If the rollout was the same I would have a set right now.
since the paddle is different you cant compare the number of paddles to a hauler. your choices are 6 or 9 and I think the less cupped paddle you would want 9.
that is just the info that I know
I have talked to fullerton about this and he almost sold me on comp cuts but I have some weird fetish for skat-traks because I have 5 sets in my garage :O

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by cpcpatriot@Sep 2 2004, 02:54 PM
I would like to try a set of Comp cut brats but the roll out is only 68ish so they are a shorter tire but the 9 paddle is 1 pound lighter than my 7 paddle haulers. the Brats have a different profile to there paddle it is not as cupped and it doesnt have as much drag on them. I think you could easily turn a 9 paddle comp cut brat. I know three bikes here in utah that run them ;)
I havent had a chance to run them but I have heard good things about them. If the rollout was the same I would have a set right now.
since the paddle is different you cant compare the number of paddles to a hauler. your choices are 6 or 9 and I think the less cupped paddle you would want 9.
that is just the info that I know
I have talked to fullerton about this and he almost sold me on comp cuts but I have some weird fetish for skat-traks because I have 5 sets in my garage :O
I'll take a pair of your 21" haulers off your hands right now so you can get some Brats!

If they are like new, I'll pay you what you paid for them.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much weight reduction would you gain from a double buff to generic hauler?.. size and paddle number equivilant

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cut and pasted from the STU website

Application
The SAND TIRES UNLIMITED "BRAT" is a new addition to our impressive arsenal of sand tires. We designed and produce this tire as an ultra-light 4 ply drag racing and hill climbing tire that provides a radical bite-to-weight ratio. The tire has two paddle combinations, 6 or 9 paddles. Mounted on an aluminum wheel, the tire and wheel weight only 10-1/2 lbs, less than most other tires without a wheel. Without the sand throwing tendencies of many other tires, it is a good tire to follow. Recommended for 10" wide wheels for best tire profile, for ATV's as small as 200cc and the large ATV's up to the 500cc monsters.

Benefits

Durable & Rugged 4 ply construction
20" height when mounted on a 10" wide wheel at 5 psi
Flexible grooving
6 or 9 paddle design
8" or 10" bead diameters
Tire weight (play grooved) - 9-1/2 lbs.
Tire weight (competition grooved) - 7-1/2 lbs.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by schwendi@Sep 2 2004, 02:49 PM
The STU comp cuts are a sweet tire. Very fast too and they have a V paddle. You wouldnt think by looking at them that they are a good drag tire ... but they are.

These would be a good choice for you Mike. Also look at 20x10x8 in a double buff. Both are gonna be pretty spendy though.
did you say spendy!

it is 90 something here today in MN and I just had my 1200GPR eat a piston/cylinder for some reason.. felt like my wallet opened up and dropped $600 out of it.. and I still get to do all the labor!! what is even worse, I'm stuck here in MN with another couple of mid 80 to 90 degree days and NO jet ski to ride.. Glad Blue Thunder wants to make some noise in the woods!!

1 - 20 of 536 Posts