YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folx,
I was wondering what kind of grease you all are using for the front suspension, Also, what kind of grease gun?

-Seatec

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I am not sure of the name but it is in a green tube, found at farm and fleet and is synthetic. I'll have to check the name next time I am in the barn.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I use a pistol grip grease gun with a flexible hose, makes it easy to get to those odd spots. For grease, I use NAPA Chassis grease. What kind of grease do you guys use on the swingarm? And is it a ***** to do?

My service manual is due today, and I'm anxious to get into it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Has anyone else noticed on the yfz, that it is kinda difficult to get the the grease zerks on the front end? They are kinda in bad places.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use Bellray synthetic grease on my YFZ450. It is a little expensive but I think it is really good.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ATC i used nothiong but Belray synth for my CRF450. i was just wondering if it would work for the YFZ. also,

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by vorra65@Sep 5 2003, 07:22 AM
I use a pistol grip grease gun with a flexible hose, makes it easy to get to those odd spots. For grease, I use NAPA Chassis grease. What kind of grease do you guys use on the swingarm? And is it a ***** to do?

My service manual is due today, and I'm anxious to get into it.
i did the linkage on my CRF450 severla times and its not that hard to do. 3 times a year i take the linkage appart and stuff new belray synth in and once a year i take all the needle bearings out and clean the races out completely. PITA but man, once your done action is very smooth. i dont see how the YFZ would be harder to do. just make you put the seals in right way out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts