YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys need to pack those zerks with grease good when you get the YFZ home. It took me about 30 pumps on each upper "A" arm, which only has one fitting, and 5 pumps on each of the four fittings on the lower "A" arms.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
What exactly are u guys greasing? Sounds like i should do it too, but i dont know what to do? :re

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Oct 7 2003, 08:52 PM
What exactly are u guys greasing? Sounds like i should do it too, but i dont know what to do? :re
tha a-arms and swingarm

·
Registered
836 Posts
No grease zirk, on the swingarm right? Gotta take it apart to lube it?

·
Registered
983 Posts
that is correct vor.
Now how about an answer on the brand and type of grease you guys are using or are the tubes white and have no markings? :wtf

·
Registered
836 Posts
Who has had the rear swingarm off and lubed it?

Is it a *****?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Oct 7 2003, 09:32 PM
I just used castrol chassis grease cause thats what they had at wal-mart.. Any chassis grease should work fine.
Any is better than none.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Oct 7 2003, 01:05 PM
Gotcha!!! :rock
And this is a must?
undefined
it is a must!! go to wall mart or some auto parts store. buy a grease gun and synthetic chasis lube, it comes in a tube that looks like cauk. on the front of yor quad there are several grease fittings. once a month these fittings need to be pumped full of grease. any decent mechanic can show you how to do it the first time.....

·
Registered
983 Posts
i went to wall mart yesterday and picked up one of those smaller grease guns with some general purpous lithium grease with a flexible nozzle. that should do the trick right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts