YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called houser the other day and they still do not have anything that will work with the quick release tabs but are still developing something. Has anyone found a grab bar that will work with them without modification? I Broke mine off Sunday and really do not want to buy another stock one since they are not strong at all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Other then stock, ur looking at gytr and thats probably it

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think mine is a PRM grab bar, the tabs that the fenders connect to are about 2x as thick as the OEM grab bar. They worked, but took a lot of force to get the quick connect to catch. I was going to order a longer quick connect, but they have loosened up so now I can connect them without a screwdriver.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got a stock one shipped for 35 from somebody so I'll rock that till I can find one.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
How did you break your grab bar? I have scraped mine plenty of times and it is still sturdy. I wanted a black grab bar and after finding out nobody is making grab bars for our quick release tabs I just went ahead and painted the stock one black. Looks nice imo

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ive seen gytr ones on ebay, check google or the stealership for pics, but if I remember right its a stock grab bar with tabs to hold a # plate.

If u dont care about the rear tail light or light cover, u could run a yfz grab bar...just saying

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dabbed I jumped a set of tracks but my back tires cought the lip of the 2nd rail and it just sent me straight on my ass and bar just snapped

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I snapped another stock grab bar doing a wheelie went to far back and as soon as it hit the ground it snapped in the same spot as the last one. Has anyone found a grab bar yet with the quick release tabs that are stronger than the stock?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well I snapped another stock grab bar doing a wheelie went to far back and as soon as it hit the ground it snapped in the same spot as the last one. Has anyone found a grab bar yet with the quick release tabs that are stronger than the stock?
Thats weird i have had my oem grab bar for over a year already and i always scrape it on a wheelie, even standing on it also and its still sturdy. i've scraped it so much that its like shaved down. i even use it to unload the quad

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yup snapped in the same spot as pics above. i got in touch with steve at factory 43 and they did finish teirs so i think im going to go with it and try it out, unless i find something i like better. i called houser again and they still havnt looked into making one with the quick tabs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.