YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out the GPR 2.0 stabilizer doesn't work with a Lonestar stem. There is an alignment problem that would require some serious modification. GPR knows about it but I guess I wasn't clear, anyways glad I bought it through my local dealer who took care of it and I'm out nothing. Wish I had gone with the Roll Design stem now. Guess I'll look into the Scott's stabilizer before trying one of the shock absorber type like Denton's.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
can you fill me in on the differences? i take these are more towards XC riders maybe because i see the denton type on all the machines i have seen used for MX.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if you goto GPR's Website you can see the GPR model. It mounts on top of your steering stem so you can adjust it while riding. It also uses a different type of dampening in that it has a paddle in a resevoir of fluid, when you steer it moves the paddle in side and the fluid provides the resistance... sort of like paddling a canoe. The Denton, as you know works just like a shock absorber. I guess Motocross guys like the Denton because they don't need to change their resistance on a mx track during a moto but CC courses are filled with variety and its handy to have the adjustment up top. The Denton is about 200 dollars cheaper too :) I just wanted the ease of adjustment in the middle of riding in a race without stopping and getting off the quad.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
thanks for the info. I was planning on running a GPR with a Houser stem. Now I'll have to be sure they work before I buy the Houser. If it doesn't, I'll have to go with the Roll.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts