YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

I was just curious to what changes any of you have noticed in local or regional MX events that take place in your area since the birth of the YFZ or and all the "Production Race Quads Hype"??? I am in Central CA and I am preparing to go down for hopefully all of the ITP Quadcross this year and have noticed that contingency and purse amounts have dramatically increased, tons of new sponsors, and some local respect for myself as well as other guys out there mixin it up with the dirt bikes. Even the local dealerships are starting to have support programs for quads. I think it is great for the sport and the future of Quads.....who knows, maybe one day you will see a quad in the X-Games!!! What changes have you guys noticed?

G

·
Originally posted by MX Maniac@Jan 12 2004, 10:45 AM
Hey fellas,

I was just curious to what changes any of you have noticed in local or regional MX events that take place in your area since the birth of the YFZ or and all the "Production Race Quads Hype"??? I am in Central CA and I am preparing to go down for hopefully all of the ITP Quadcross this year and have noticed that contingency and purse amounts have dramatically increased, tons of new sponsors, and some local respect for myself as well as other guys out there mixin it up with the dirt bikes. Even the local dealerships are starting to have support programs for quads. I think it is great for the sport and the future of Quads.....who knows, maybe one day you will see a quad in the X-Games!!! What changes have you guys noticed?
:uhoh :sucks

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THIS IS A STUPID TOPIC FOR GENERAL TALK

PAHRUMP PUT THIS IN THE LOUNGE! :uhoh

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have definatly seen more of an attempt to get quads on the tracks around here, it is just a lack of local effort, but in the bigger picture there is a lt more on tv as commercials and showin the races on speed vision! the revolution is starting!

free style, big air on quads at the x-games would be hella cool. it would do alot for out sport!

Curt :yfz :red

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
mxmaniac-1st off ignore clutch, hes a moron :uhoh . as for the post, i couldnt agree more. quad racing is slowly becoming equivalent to our two wheeled coutnerparts. i, for one, cant wait to see where the sport is going to be in a few years. more and more racers are going to live off of racing, which is always good. more money is going to be given for races. sponsors are going to step up with HUGE contingency programs. lastly, the manufactorers are finally putting out those quads dreamed about for YEARS. we as a sport have been working towards these days for years. who would have thought we would ahve factory atv racers again? im loving life right now :rock

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
IN D17 they have added a MX C class and alot of Harescramble classes. Before there was one quad class. Just Quad, now there is Trail rider A Trail rider B, +35 Open A Open B, and a w00ter load more, kids class, under 250 etc.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
People start paying attention here locally when our quad class has people hittin jumps most dirtbikes wont hit or only like the money and open classes do....

·
Registered
812 Posts
I haven't noticed much difference here yet, except more people seem to be getting interested and 250R's and 400EX's aren't nearly as common. YFZ's are everywhere.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by Clutch123@Jan 12 2004, 01:26 PM

:uhoh :sucks

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THIS IS A STUPID TOPIC FOR GENERAL TALK

PAHRUMP PUT THIS IN THE LOUNGE! :uhoh
[/quote]

Who died and made you god?

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
with the atk coming out, the z400,the trx450r and our yfzs, there should be plenty of different ride out there but i see alot of yfzs in the pro races except the 3 production quad finish with the yfz, z, trx. i like that...seeing different quads out there. i hate the knuckle heads that i see at the local track who should be really riding a 400ex and not a yfz. They buy the quad to have the best and do not know what the hell to do with it and out of no where they think they are good riders. R's have been diminishing but they are still around, your modded 440s,416s are still around and mild to modded z/kfxs are out there along with stock to modded yfzs. this year in my racing class, i hope to see a variety of quads...like dales, atks, trx, z, kfx. My buddy on here is going to have one of the sickest kfxs to ever hit 4 stroke C. i want to see some hondas out there and not too many yfzs, it gets annoying with people think they can ride and go buy a high performance quad to try and race it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts