YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Well I came back from the powder coaters and put on my goodies....whatcha think?

:yfz

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch side :rock

:woo

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
close up of the motor.......yeah theres no bolts in the clutch cover yet, im trying to save weight :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and a shot of the sprocket/hub combo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very nice! If you do not mind me asking how much did that all cost? Does it look like the powder coat will hold up pretty well? My red YFZ has rear painted hubs. I got the annodized spray paint and clear coat and it matches the frame perfect! I still have to paint the front. Anyways looks good YFZ Dawg! Nice work!

·
Registered
106 Posts
looking sweet.. hopefully that powder coat is stronger than the coat they already got on the frame!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
from a trusting source(pappy) he told me that the stock frames are painted and clear coated, not powdercoat. to people who want to do this, spend the money like yfz dawg did and it will hold alot longer than paint and etc

·
Registered
625 Posts
yfzdawg.

Mate what fuel cap do you have? and are the bars higher than standard?

Geoff.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:sup Hey guys thanks for the comments, Ill try to answer all your questions. 8)

I had the powdercoating done from a guy off of EXriders. The company name is WSO powder coating out of Franklin Ma.
In all it cost me 180 The color is Transparent Red. With that color its alittle more because of the 3 steps.

cjpoole1,... I am most certainly getting the upppers polishesd as well as the swingarm...but thats going to wait a bit...got racing to do!
I bought the Tag2's with the BILL BALANCE bend. they are swept alittle straighter and I tried them on another bike and was hooked. I like the feel of them over my CR high bends(witch are swept back just a tad more then these)
Aussiequadrider,....I bought a billet cap from Ebay. Any Banshee or Raptor for that fact will fit. That cap is a RIS design i believe.
Unfortunantly I hit a tree practicing lastnight and bent one of those pretty red lower a arms :ihit ,so Im pressing to get a replacement ASAP! I hit the tree at a good speed and it bent at the gullwing portion of the lower. No fault to the design but they do seem weak at that point. I was planning to replace them for LONG TRAVELS but not till after this race....I will be selling the lowers with Trans red in 2 weeks if anyones interested.
Ill be throwing them up on Ebay(worlds largest yard sale!)
Ill be racing this weekend in my first Hare scramble so Im pretty pumped! I just hope everything comes together in time.

I just put on my Beadlocks so ill post another pic soon :rock

Pappy is correct as ussual.....The frames are painted and cleared. My boots rubbed the finish right off in my first days ride. (4 hours :lol )

:yfz

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BEADLOCKS :O :woo I love the look of these!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Aug 20 2003, 05:55 PM
do those beadlocks have yamaha/honda bolt pattern? it looks like it....
nahhh.........those are 4x115, it does look like duel pattern though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts