YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us went to a cool track that's about 20 minutes from my house today. One of my buddies had a guy with him that was just standing around and he said "Hey Grant, did you bring your camera? He can take pictures of us since he's not riding." So here they are............................

My buddy Wesley on his Honda that he just got a couple days ago...

My buddy Adam......

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few of me....

The a couple of girls came up out of nowhere riding a Honda Rincon, so Adam (being the lady's man that he is :mhihi: ) felt like he had to show off a little......

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Sidewinder @ Feb 8 2009, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743862
....and where are the pics of how clean your yfz is now?[/b]
It's not yet. :icon_frown:

After riding yesterday and today, I was dead tired when I got home. So as of right now, my YFZ is still in the trailer all dirty. But nobody panic!! It'll be showroom clean again real soon, I can guarantee you that! :mhihi:

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Grant, you need to point at the camera with your right hand when you are doing your turn down-brake lockup :mhihi:

Cool pics...that Adam guy sounds like a bit of dude :clap:

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (YFZ450 #69 @ Feb 8 2009, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743885
Grant, you need to point at the camera with your right hand when you are doing your turn down-brake lockup :mhihi:[/b]
Pfffttt, no thanks!!! Just looking at the camera is enough "freestyle" for me. :mhihi: I'd crap myself if I took my hands off the bars or my feet off the pegs. :mhihi:

I also couldn't get it to whip or tilt much over that jump. I guess because I had to hit it so hard that I HAD to get on the brakes to get the front end down and I was more worried about that than really pulling hard enough to move the quad around in the air. :loser:

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
Nice pics Grant.

That's a mighty BIG triple that your buddy is hitting in one of those pics. He didn't break a nerf bar and strap it with a tie down this time did he? :mhihi:

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (buttmusk @ Feb 8 2009, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743920
That's a mighty BIG triple that your buddy is hitting in one of those pics. He didn't break a nerf bar and strap it with a tie down this time did he? :mhihi:[/b]
:mhihi: Nah, that's pretty much a brand new bike he's riding in these pics, it's actually his race bike for '09. So he hasn't had time to break it all to hell yet. But he did say "I gotta get my practice bike done. This one won't hold up until the nationals start." :icon_eek:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Great pictures Grant!! Looks like you had a lot of fun too!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
For bein new to a quad he sure is man-handlin that honda !

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Yammy450 ..♪ @ Feb 9 2009, 02:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744136
For bein new to a quad he sure is man-handlin that honda ![/b]
Both of those guys have been racing for a LONG time and are VERY fast. The guy on the black Honda started off on a Blaster, then had a YFZ, then got an LT-R, and now has the TRX.

QUOTE (Sidewinder @ Feb 8 2009, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743862
....and where are the pics of how clean your yfz is now?[/b]
Oh and Cam, it's clean again as of about 30 minutes ago. It's ready for the "World of Wheels" show again. :mhihi:

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
friends dont let friends buy hondas. what is wrong with you man?

that track looks awesome though men. looks like a fast setup.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heck, all my friends have Hondas. :disgust: I'm the only one I can think of that has a YFZ. Everybody has TRX's and LT-R's. The guy in the pics on the white Honda says he wants a KFX next.

·
Registered
918 Posts
mmmm dirt!

That is a fun looking track. Great action man, looking good!

I bet your liking the trailer so you can keep the dirty bike hidden huh..haha :mhihi: I knew it wouldn't take you long to clean it up.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
QUOTE (gtilley45 @ Feb 9 2009, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744168
Heck, all my friends have Hondas. :disgust: I'm the only one I can think of that has a YFZ. Everybody has TRX's and LT-R's. The guy in the pics on the white Honda says he wants a KFX next.[/b]
I've ofthen wondered what the switch would fell like from a TRX to a YFZ Grant. What do your buddies have to say?

BTW, is it me or does it seem as though people are getting Kawi's dialed in more and more and making the switch....

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
haha nice grant, i like how in almost every picture of you, ur back wheels are locked up hahah.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (buttmusk @ Feb 9 2009, 03:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744173
I've ofthen wondered what the switch would fell like from a TRX to a YFZ Grant. What do your buddies have to say?[/b]
All the guys I know that have ridden both, like the TRX better. The only complaint I've heard is that it's a little harder to get the rear suspension dialed in just right, mainly because the rear shock on the Honda is so short. Norris at Quinn Motorsports said that when it comes to rear suspension, the YFZ is better. But as far as front suspension goes, the TRX is better. So I said "So if you took the back half of a YFZ frame and put it on a TRX, you'd have the best of both worlds?" He said "Yep, and put a Honda motor in it." But the front frame/suspension geometry is better on the TRX, and the motors (when built) seem to be more reliable. The way I've always heard it from people who've had both and a bunch of engine builders, if you build a 60HP YFZ motor and a 60HP TRX motor and let the same rider ride them, the TRX motor will last longer. The guy on the white TRX in the pics had a YFZ when he first started racing. Let's just say he's hard on parts, and that's an understatement. :icon_eek: He was breaking something on his YFZ nearly EVERY ride. So he switched to the TRX's and he still breaks them pretty often, but he says his Hondas last better than his Yamaha did.

QUOTE (yfzcomingsoon @ Feb 9 2009, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744183
haha nice grant, i like how in almost every picture of you, ur back wheels are locked up hahah.[/b]
Thanks Dave! Yeah, I had to keep locking the back wheels up on that jump. I was having to hit it so hard to get over it, that getting on the brakes was the only way I could get the front end down. One of the really fast guys I ride with has got me in the habbit of using the front brakes for that too. He says "It does the same thing, and you don't have to worry about killing the motor that way." I kept locking up the front brakes over the small double in the pic where I'm coming toward the camera, just coming off the take off, with a pond behind me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts