YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was pleased to see the big brown truck pull into the driveway this evening, and even more pleased to see that my parts had arrived. I had ordered the Alba full racing exhaust and the K&N adapter kit. When i first pulled the parts out of the box, i was overly impressed with the quality. It was smooth and clean looking and looked to have a nice and rigid structure, but without sacraficing looks. I couldn't help myself but to go ahead and install the parts. Everything went smoothly on installation and as soon as I hit the magic red button, WOW!!! :O :O The deep rumble from the pipe gave me goosebumps. The throttle response seemed a lot better, and the sound of that intake sucking air was just incredible. Its a high pitched whistling sound almost sounding like a turbo. All smiles :lol I threw on my gear and took her for a spin. Again, all i can say is WOW :O . It doesn't even seem like the same quad!!! The only thing i noticed was it seems to be flattening out just a teensy bit from mid to top. What do i need to do to correct this? I have a 148 main, the DynoJet needle on the 5th clip, and air/fuel screw 2.5 turns out. Anything I can tweak with to eliminate this? Thanks.

And to anyone thinking about installing an exhaust. DO IT! LET HER BREATHE!! I do recommend the Alba exhaust system with the K&N adapter kit, it is of very good quality IMO and the sound is just so........satisfying. Oh and I will also be performing the cam mod Wednsday so I will keep you guys updated. Until then, hammer down!! :yfz

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what should i change to on the main jet?

·
Registered
631 Posts
congrats on the new mods. i would try a 168 or 170 main. did you change your pilot jet. if not you might try that to

andy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't change the pilot jet but the transition from low-mid doesn't seem to have a hesitation. Only problem is the flattening out on top. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
if you have the dynojet kit, the jet numbers do not correspond to the stock jet sizes. DO you have the airbox still on? if you do, then follow the directions with the kit to get close and then tweek it from there. If you have removed the airbox completely, the dynojet kit will not work. I called dynojet directly and asked, they have not tested the kit with no airbox.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
congrats on the goodies..... i would also try at least a 170 main or so...... my friend was lean at a 170 w/ the sparks..... but not sure how close the jetting will be between u and him

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys,
I just finished re-jetting. I found the jet that I was supposed to install in the first place (in the bottom of the big brown box) rather than it being in the DynoJet kit. Its not a DynoJet main that i'm using. The only thing i'm using from the kit is the needle. Anyhoo, I re-jetted and got her back together and whew......big difference. It is a 168 main and it seems to be fine. I have my air/fuel screw 2.5 turns out, and there is just the slightest hesitation when i cram the throttle to it, can i back the screw out another .5-1 turn and eliminate this? Thanks for you help guys. :yfz

Oh yea and one thing I did notice is it hits the rev limiter a lot quicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts