YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is showing the filter and the aluminum plate it hooks onto.

This one you can see how much bigger the air boot is.

Once again his Name is Bill, his phone number is 559-967-3435. He is a very nice guy. Later

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it looks small in the pic but it is actually bigger than the stock filter. So far i havent had any problems with it. To tell you the truth i love it. :)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
That filter IS way smaller than the Pro-Flow or Alba K&N and there is no way it flows as much air. I like the rest of it but put a bigger filter on it, see if a 250R K&N will fit I think those are very large. Or just buy the one that comes with the Alba kit should be about the same price but better performance.

That filter in the pic looks like the Mickey Mouse little filter on my Z400 that came with the Pro-Flow.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi@Oct 30 2003, 12:08 AM
im sure that filter although smaller can flow more air than the YFZ450 head can
True but why build a road block?

As soon as I get back from dumont this weekend my head will be coming off and getting ported, then this little airfilter is probably not gonna cut it anymore, you should produce these kits with a larger filter and sell them for $100 bucks not $150, you can make your own like I did, for a few bucks, or buy one from ESR for $65 bucks that comes with a larger filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts