YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock Dunlop 355's that came on my 07 YFZ are almost completley shot ...

I was looking at the ITP Holeshot HD's, but I don't know if they will fit.

I would like to keep the stock tire size, which is 21x7x10 up front and then 20x10x9 on the back.

The ITP Holeshot HD's look like great tires but they don't come in either of those sizes ..

What is everyone running for a stock replacement? I don't race MX and mainly just ride dirt recreationally with this thing ... it sees it's fair share of rocks.

What do you all recommend that I can fit back on the stock rims?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
22 hds or razr 2 or just regualr razrs

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
i would say razr 2's, the 6 ply kenda claws, or the hd's, or even the gncc's, get a 21x7x10 front, and 20x11x9 rear (tire height x tire width x rim size) as long as the rim size is the same, they will fit... the rears are an inch wider then stock, but thats a good thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What all tools do you need to replace the tires yourself? Plastic pry bars? Can you do it yourself or do you have to take them to a tire shop to have them do it?

Also, 1" wider rear tires will fit on the stock rims just fine with no issues?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (Dogmeat @ Mar 1 2009, 09:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752687
What all tools do you need to replace the tires yourself? Plastic pry bars? Can you do it yourself or do you have to take them to a tire shop to have them do it?

Also, 1" wider rear tires will fit on the stock rims just fine with no issues?[/b]
haha plastic????!!!!! you kiddin dude???!!!! The rims have a rolled lip and a double bead, pretty damn hard to break them. I'd take it to the tire shop, if they wreck anything they pay for it, you wreck something...? you par for it.

And yes they will fit just fine

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It is worth the $4 to have your shop put them on! I replaced my stock with HD rears and razr2 fronts. The Hds are super tough! They hook really well on any terrian! The only drawback is the weight!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
i was going to try to replace my tires myself, it is a w00ter to break the beads, i couldnt do it, i tried a vise, a floor jack, everything just short of running over the tire with a bull dozer. lol

my local tire shop charged 12 bucks each to take the old off and pop the new on.

yes, a little wider tire will fit with no problems at all.

if you can break the bead, the rest of the job should be pretty easy.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I use one of these.

Portable Tire Changer

and this to go with it ATV Bead Breaker

I go thru set of tires 2 times a year and it was costing me too much for dealer to change the tires.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
you go threw 2 sets of tires a year!! man! and yea i have a preety good dealer! even if it is a honda shop! lol

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
my favorite way to change a tire (if you dont need to keep the old ones that is) is with a backhoe. outrigger on one side of the rim, bucket on the other, and the tires pop right off. may not want to do it if you have nice rims, but it works fine for all the old polarises around the farm

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i have 23" RZR's up front and 20" RZR's in the rear. both 6 ply. the most important thing you should be focusing on is the ply. thats how thick they are. the thicker they are the less likely they are to puncture. 2nd most important would be size.

the RZR's last much longer that Holeshots. anyone who tells you that Holeshots hook a little bit better is an MX track runner. if you don't race, you will NOT notice the difference in traction between the two. the RZR's hook up awesome, especially compared to stocks. the only other thing is the weight between the two. i doubt its much more than a grand total of 8lbs more for the RZR's if it is that much. that would be 2lbs each tire.

last for me would be weight after cost.

when i was looking thats how i decided.

1: ply
2: size
3: cost
4: weight - didn't even consider it - don't care.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Trippy pic...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts