YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i met this guy at Pismo dunes and he had this really, really fast YFZ. so i stoped him and he showed me all the things he had on it. He had a pipe and he builds his own intake system! It comes with a K&N air filter, this little aluminum bracket that replaces the the entire air box. i bought it off him and let me tell you this thing rips with it on. It comes with the K&N air filter (it is a 400ex filter because it is bigger and lets more air flow) it comes with a bigger air boot, the aluminum bracket, the K&N outer wear and thats it. He sells them for 150$ and they are high quality. i highly suggest everyone buy this. his phone # is 559-967-3435 and his name is bill

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Sandman, dont forget to get those pics and post them either over here or at bluettaxx, better yet both.

Very interested, does this do away with the air box completly?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds to me like the box is eliminated and the boot to the carb is straightened out for a smoother flow rather all those bumps and turns. I trying to see what can work using the air box. just for those xc guys.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by dlnoss@Oct 25 2003, 07:20 AM
Mine uses the airbox. YFZCentral members get a 10% discount.

-David
YFZ450 Page
That's nice but the boot stays the same with this setup.

I am looking for a "duners only" mod.

Like maybe deleting the airbox or something

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This system gets rid of the entire air box! Just imagine a K&N floating in the middle where your air box used to be! I ran his filter setup and i had to move my main up to a 185 and all i have is the slip on and cam mod. I will get pics up asap! :rock :yfz

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I want to see a pic because I also have devised something that removes the entire airbox

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Dlnoss: I already have the aluminum piece, just need the K&N filter. What size is it?
The filter has a 4-1/2" Flange, is 5-7/8" diameter and is 6" long.

If the airbox is removed, I would definitely support the filter somehow. I've seen 'pod' filters bounce off of Banshees. You usually don't know it has happened until you've sucked a bunch of crap into your engine.$$$$$$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts