YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys do I remember somewhere reading you can do something with the front suspension to make it narrower?/ Was it the wheels or something you could do to lose about 2 inches???

A buddy of mine is riding this weekend gncc in fla & has an MX set up but still has the stock suspension. Lets go wealth of KNOWLEDGE,

Ken

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx guys found the article, it was to make the rear narrower, not the front. New a arms only way, thanx for the input

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
+1 waters! use stadered yfz hubs on the rear and different offset wheels up front!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
QUOTE (zum @ Mar 2 2009, 07:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753048
soooo if i use yfz450r hubs on my yfz450 how much wider would my rear be?

anyone??[/b]
i asked the same thing a while back when i read the article, stock yfz, with R hubs and wheels, you will be just as wide as a stock R (48.8 i think)

but everyone said after the cost of spindles and rims, you might as well get an axle, go figure.

·
Registered
723 Posts
awh so its a combination of rims and rear hubs

ok cool... well maybe in 2 years from now when these things start getting parted out that will be a cheap alternative

or if you know a racer that made the switch to center locking beadlocks :mhihi:

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (zum @ Mar 2 2009, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753080
awh so its a combination of rims and rear hubs

ok cool... well maybe in 2 years from now when these things start getting parted out that will be a cheap alternative

or if you know a racer that made the switch to center locking beadlocks :mhihi:[/b]
Lol, i'd made the swap to some lone star billet's and beadlocks if someone local was willing to offer a fair price. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (zum @ Mar 2 2009, 09:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753095
but a fair price would have to be cheaper then a new axle :icon_biggrin: ill offer you 20 shipped for the rear hubs im in cali btw[/b]
woo high roller. haha jk Search on ebay, bound to turn up a set, arent the splines the same on the 450 and 450r? You could just buy new hubs and run spacers if necissary.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts