YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
hey-you decided to join us. thats a helluva nasty quad you got there. definetly gonna be tough to beat thats for sure. got a list of mods on that monster? howd you finish this year, wins wise? nice to have another pro racer among the ranks.

oh yeh, and for the pics-you can either pay $40 and host them directly on this site or host the image elsewhere, like Image Station and post them up here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the mods list:
Duncan FatBoy4 exhaust
Vortex ignition
ProDesign filter kit
Roll stem
GPR Dampner
Team Ind. axle w/Honda hubs
Baldwin frt hubs w/Honda pattern
Duncan brake lines
IMS 3.8 tank w/drybreak
FullBore plastics
Duncan graphics and seat cover
ITP wheels and tires

On the way:
Roll a-arms and swingarm
Elka shocks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Andy,

How much difference did the Vortex ignition make? We have one on the way but was wondering what someone who has used one thinks of the product. I have the same basic set up as you (Duncan) and am interested in your thoughts. Very nice machine. If you can, email me some more pics, I would like some close ups of the plastics if possible. Good luck this year

Scott

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Hey Mr. Andy. I do not know if you remember me, but I met you earlier this year at the race in Gilmore, TX when your R sucked some water in. That stunk. But welcome to the site. Sweet quad BTW!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey ANdy,
I can't make out what handle bars you have. ARe they the 1 1/8 size? If so, how did you get the cycras to fit? I am asking because i have the trailtech X-bars and clamp and just ordered the Cycra ATV guards with the alloy bar inserts. will these fit or do i also have to order the oversized clamps for the bars to make the fit?
Also, why arent you running any nerf bars?

Thanx

BTW. Welcome to the Board. I am sure lotsa a people will be asking you Q's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quad #11-
I installed the vortex ignition along with the pipe and filter before I rode the quad. I have the stock curve programmed into the traction setting and the hi-rev advanced curve programmed into the power setting. When I switch between the two it is a major difference. We have just begun to try all the different settings.
seatec-
I am using Renthal FatBars(ATV bend). Cycra does not offer guards with mounts for oversize bars. I ended up using the mounts from a set of Moose handguards with the Cycra Probends. They are just standard straight mounts, not the linkage type that come with the Cycra guards. The throttle is Raptor, which does not have the electrical bs on it, and has more room around the front brake master cylinder. The master cylinder is from a CBR600 street bike and has awesome lever feel. I don't usually run nerf bars for XC racing.
cjpoole-
Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
983 Posts
thats funny cause i had my cycras mounted on my CRF450 with twinwalls. i had to get large diameter mounts from them to make it work but they did have them. i was just hoping that the ATV probend set from them already had them included.

Thanx for the info. When is your first race and where do you usualy practice?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
what happened to the reinforcing rings w/ "Dirt First" written in them? that was like my favorite part of ur R :lol

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
cjpoole;

Do you have a bar riser on there?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
January QOTM right there! That thing is beautiful! How did you do racing points wise last season? Do you travel and race all the GNCC races? How do you like the YFZ? what did you race last year? Is that stock suspension I see in the pic with you sitting on your YFZ? Where did you find red and black plastic?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by Gibson400ex@Dec 17 2003, 12:33 AM
Andy nice race today :rock it is on gncc on the speed channel gncc racing is
yep-im pretty sure i saw him killin the track with his r-congrats. also, congrats to jeff on his 5th place finish. santo-great race man, hang in tehre

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by YFZ@Dec 16 2003, 03:34 PM
How did you do racing points wise last season? Do you travel and race all the GNCC races? How do you like the YFZ? what did you race last year? Is that stock suspension I see in the pic with you sitting on your YFZ? Where did you find red and black plastic?

5th in Pro Class
15th Overall
I ran the entire series 1989-93 and 1999-2003.
The YFZ is very good right from the factory, with plenty of power and workable suspension.
In 2003 I ran Roll Lobo 250r's for Duncan.
My YFZ still has the stock suspension on it. I'll be running all Roll Design components with Elka shocks this year.
The plastic is FullBore, and they have it in stock. They are starting to do their red & blue in a metallic/candy apple- should be out within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by OffRoadAce@Dec 16 2003, 03:00 PM
Do you have a bar riser on there?
The steering stem is a Roll +1. The GPR 2.0 dampner is built into the handlebar clamps and adds about 1" to the overall height.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts