YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did the gytr exhaust and header pipe jetted to 45 pilot and 165 main needle on 3rd clip. out running it checked plug light brownish color, good there went for another ride dark out and looked down header pipe is glowing red is this normal? don't want to burn the piston up. let me know please

·
Registered
114 Posts
my bike is stock and if i ride at night mine glows, so do most people i have talked to so pretty sure its normal.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Yep, my bike does it too.

Let it warm up a bit, then ride it, dont idle it!

·
Registered
631 Posts
mine still glows. jet up like offroadace was saying that should help but i think they always glow from what i have read in the past.

andy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Its Pretty normal because the walls of the header are so thin and i took mine off to see how thin it really is. take a look for yourself and you will find out why too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
the dealersip told me it was normal...as we were loading into my truck the guy says..."wear pants the pipe gets red hot"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by 03'z400@Jan 5 2004, 04:41 PM
the dealersip told me it was normal...as we were loading into my truck the guy says..."wear pants the pipe gets red hot"
definately wear pants

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If you are glowing Red then that means your quad is too lean and you could do engine damage. Glowing orange is what the quads should glow. I am pretty sure though if you are glowing red that is too lean...anyone else want to back this up or am I wrong? If it is seriously red then you need to re jet.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Jan 5 2004, 11:49 PM
My two YFZ450's headers glow , my friends YFZ's glow, as does my neighbors YFZ's.

It's normal, it's OK.
Glowing is normal, as long as it is glowing Red. Glowing orange is norma,l not red, red is too lean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ@Jan 5 2004, 08:45 PM
If you are glowing Red then that means your quad is too lean and you could do engine damage. Glowing orange is what the quads should glow. I am pretty sure though if you are glowing red that is too lean...anyone else want to back this up or am I wrong? If it is seriously red then you need to re jet.
GLowing on this engine is normal. Pipe wall thickness is to blame. Mine glowed when it was so rich I could smell gas out the tailpipe.
jarsong

·
Registered
76 Posts
Its quite normal. My Hayabusa has a Titanium system and at night rollin slow it does the same thing.
There is quite the amount of heat from the internal combustion engine.
Theres firrre in that there hose pipe mister.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts