YFZ Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just going out on a limb here, maybe someone can chime in.
I bought a set of used Gibson +3 lt a arms and I want to completely redo them ,they're not in the best of shape.
I've read that any COM-12 spherical bearing can be used on the kingpin/joint setup...
If I cant find a set of new king pins from kandk atv do you think I could use Walsh king pins or what other company? And if anyone maybe knows what company Gibson used to supply their king pins would also help.
Also is there a closed ball joint that I could buy instead of the open type with the kingpin? If so them what company manufactures them and model number etc.
Can anyone verify this? Would really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You may be able to contact Dave at East Coast ATV and see what he recommends. Or, you could always have someone modify the Gibson arms to accept conventional ball joints. This count be sketchy, though, unless you know the people who would perform the modification. I would just search for Frap ball joints and modify the Gibson arms to accept them, if you really want to keep the Gibson arms, as the kingpin setup can be problematic (as I'm sure you're figuring out). I'm sure finding parts can be difficult in general, being in South Africa... Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent Dave an email so I'm waiting on his reply.Its hard to source a bike shop that sells parts ,but I just try to source the company that manufactures the bearings they use and then find a distributor. I already found where I can get new heims @ $100 for 4 which ain't too bad of you consider that if I buy from USA I still have to pay shipping and import taxes and here in S.A. is a distributor for aurora bearings, that's why I'm just wanting to make sure if I could use any com-12 bearing, then I could just order form them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.