YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im going to go pick up a YFZ Tuesday, i cant wait. I was just curious if anyone has had problems with the red frame on the white one? I think thats what color im gonna get. Anyway just thought id check to see if it was cheap paint that coems off easy or what. Ive alread got soem aftermarket stuff on the way, just need the quad now. :rock

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think my dealer just has white, so i guess its either white yfz or no yfz..think i choose white :blah .....Im gonna try to get my aarms and stuff coated to match the frame, should look pretty cool... :yfz

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
chit....you should see my blue plastics after a few MX practices. They are scratched to hell and back already, but ohwell that's what they're there for, and I didn't by this bike to pamper it. :re

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah if you race, plastic is only gonna last about a season...i rub all the way through it in some parts lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it, they had both colors so i picked the blue because i heard its faster ;) , im picking it up in a couple hours, gotta get all the paperwork for the trade in done, but im so excited ive never rode one, cant wait!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Originally posted by trx400ex@Aug 5 2003, 09:04 AM
Got it, they had both colors so i picked the blue because i heard its faster ;) , im picking it up in a couple hours, gotta get all the paperwork for the trade in done, but im so excited ive never rode one, cant wait!
Welcome to the "Blue club" You made the right decision... :lol

Kill Whitey!!!!! :blah

:woo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey YFZ,

You said that the paint comes off the frame easily on the white ones. Does it come off just from normal bumps on the track or sticks in the woods or is like coming off when you wash it? Just wondering.

I MIGHT be getting one. I need a new hobby because I just got out of kart racing. I really like the White but I have a blue helmet and gloves. Errr..... If I do get one I'll probably get a blue, just to match. I've been reading up on them and they seem to be very stout vehicles. I've always wanted an ATV, but never asked for one. I'm going to have to pay half the note on it, though. It's not going to be a lot, like, $60 a month or something like that. I really hope I get one. I've riden a few ATVs before and my kart experience should help with the "speed" factor. Later.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by trx400ex@Aug 4 2003, 03:50 AM
I think my dealer just has white, so i guess its either white yfz or no yfz..think i choose white :blah .....Im gonna try to get my aarms and stuff coated to match the frame, should look pretty cool... :yfz
you cant powder coat the arms because of the ball joints...

believe me, i want to so bad. i think i am gonna bring them to a body shop and get them painted with automotive paint and a clear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts