YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yfz Finally sold the predator and I am going to the Cycle show this weekend to finally decide on YFZ or the TRX. 90% on the Yammi. But just want to see the Honda first. My question is. I will probably pick her up on Saturday, and I would like to get the Carb done this weekend also. I am in upstate New York. Rockland County and about 800 ft elevation (i think), less than 40 degrees. Sparks Pipe (seems to be the favorite), Lid off and jets. What jets, needle, needle position and screw setting do you think? I think I got an idea but you guys should now. Thanks, Mike. :rock

:yfz

G

·
SOUNDS GOOD. :rock BUT I DO BELIVE THAT THE HMF PUTS A A FEW MORE HORSES.
PLUS ANOTHER GOOD THING BOUT THE HMF ID THAT IS IS MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH QUIETER. I NO SOMEONE WITH THE SPARKS AND IT MAKES THE TREES SHAKE. AND YOUR HEART FEELS LIKE ITS GOING TO POP OUT WHEN HE GOES BY. WE ALWAYS WERES EARPLUGS BECAUSE ITS SO ANOINING! :re
THATS JUST MY .02

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Im in ohio and i am running 45 pilot and 165 main with clip on the 6th spot. i dont know if i am right though because of my mods i got for christmas.
i belive it will be fine for you

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
keep your clip on the 5th though

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
if u want more HP than get the Sparks if it is too loud get the HMF

·
Registered
124 Posts
does the sparks exhaust come with a jet kit?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:yfz What is the stock jetting, needle and screw setting? Anyone know? I've heard they come from the factory really lean and hardley run.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you do the cam mod is rejetting required or recommended? Does the mod really make that much difference and does it void the warrentee or put strain on the motor. Any reliability problems? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by mikemike@Jan 1 2004, 09:43 PM
If you do the cam mod is rejetting required or recommended? Does the mod really make that much difference and does it void the warrentee or put strain on the motor. Any reliability problems? Thanks, Mike
it probably voids the warranty. yes youll want to rejet. yes the performance increase is amazing. no reliability issues either

·
Registered
304 Posts
It only voids the warranty if something breaks. If you are riding and your exhaust bolts snap.... that ios covered... If you are riding and your cam chain breaks.... then you have to cover that but you still have the warranty for the other stuff you didn't fiddle with.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i would recomend rejetting with the cam mod but whatever work u have to doits worth it

·
Registered
834 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts