YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 400ex with yoshi pipe. an holeshot tires..i put it in the memphis paper to sell tonight..and when i get the money from that i'm going to buy either a yfz 450 or a raptor..i love the 450, but no reverse..i like the raptor too..but not as much power..i know you guys are like WHAT get the yfz right?..well i hear all this junk about the tranny problems? so im kind of wiery of that..help!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
get the YFZ...... the reverse aint that big of a deal and the YFZ is only 350 pounds so it wont be hard to move around..... and ud be plenty more happy w/ the YFZ....... it has more power, it has better traction, it handles better........ and the raptor has tranny problems... theyve been fixed to an extent but not fully...... and the raptor is too "tipsy"...... and it's heavy..... and the suspension sucks...... and i would go on and on but you get the picture...... the YFZ is NO DOUBT better!!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have a YFZ and a Raptor and the YFZ is a way better bike in every category except it doesn't have reverse. If you have the money, get the YFZ, if not, then the Raptor is a good bike too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I currently have a raptor and am selling to get a yfz there just to unreliable there's always something going wrong e.g transmision starter cluth and many more there just a pain but there good when there running, get a yfz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh and as for the reverse well its restricted anyway so if your stuck, reverse can't always get you out, although i think there is a bypass for that!

·
Registered
210 Posts
get the yfz its the best quad i have seen or been on to date.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well..i will decide when you guys find out for sure what the tranny problem is..any word on that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you decide on a Raptor, buy mine. It just had the tranny upgrade, new top end while they had it apart, and starter clutch and one way bearing. It has the extended warranty until 3/05. Email me if you are interested, [email protected].

Thanks

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Originally posted by Swale@Aug 29 2003, 03:35 AM
I currently have a raptor and am selling to get a yfz there just to unreliable there's always something going wrong e.g transmision starter cluth and many more there just a pain but there good when there running, get a yfz
Same thing with me on him! ^

After getting my first YFZ I traded the Raptor in as soon as my dealer got another because I was that impressed with the YFZ and loved it that much! The YFZ is so light agile and nimble. It is so quick and feels great when you are flying, has so much torque, hauls through the woods and handles awesome. It does nto have reverse but reverse is for lazy people, :lol. The YFZ flat out hauls and is better than the Raptor IMO.

·
Registered
106 Posts
what the big deal with reverse.. you dont have it on your 400..
you will crap at the power difference!! YFZ all the way.!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i don't have reverse on my 400..but that is the main thing i do not like about it..i ride in tight trails some times and i hate getting off an dishin out sweat tryin to push it back..i would love to have reverse..but i am now set on getting the 450..the raptor isn't wide enough in the back...and IMO the motor is too complicated

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think it's funny that everybody used to rip on the 400EX because it didn't have reverse and now it's okay since the YFZ doesn't have it either. That just struck me funny. I think reverse is nice, but I haven't needed it yet on the YFZ, but I mostly ride MX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts