YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. Im going to be using the Yamaha oil tiull she is broke in.. but what about the gear oil... should I go with SX Clutch saver?
also is there a way to check how low my gear oil is? or should I just change it regularly...

sory for some of these stupid questions.. but I realy don't Trust my Local Dealer. :re

·
Registered
33 Posts
your engine oil is also your clutch oil. i broke in my motor with yamahalub e, now i am running bel ray thumper oil. i really like this oil

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by ScreaminDeamon@Jul 29 2004, 04:53 AM
Ok.. Im going to be using the Yamaha oil tiull she is broke in.. but what about the gear oil... should I go with SX Clutch saver?
also is there a way to check how low my gear oil is? or should I just change it regularly...

sory for some of these stupid questions.. but I realy don't Trust my Local Dealer. :re
you need to open up your owners manual and ensure you follow the directions for changing your oil...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok... I have read the manual and stuff.... And called the dealer.. there saying to run clutchsaver or a heavy gear oil. And to use the Yamalube in the engine.

Now When I change fluids... I have two Fill points correct? I fill the Oil in the front of the bike to the recommended amount. and the gear oil gets filled on the left side of the engine right?

sory to sound stupid. I just want to get it right. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by ScreaminDeamon@Jul 29 2004, 12:27 PM
ok... I have read the manual and stuff.... And called the dealer.. there saying to run clutchsaver or a heavy gear oil. And to use the Yamalube in the engine.

Now When I change fluids... I have two Fill points correct? I fill the Oil in the front of the bike to the recommended amount. and the gear oil gets filled on the left side of the engine right?

please tell us you are just trying to be funny 8|

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

Yeah, make sure you use at least 90 wt.

/sarcasm

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

if your good at following directions, then follow this advise and you'll be fine.

1 - read your owners manual about changing the oil in your YFZ and follow it ot a T..
2 - never contact that dealer again..

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah man, I would never go to that dealer agian. :lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yo ScreaminDemon....YER GONNA BE SCREAMIN IF YOU LISTEN TO THAT DEALER...you might az well put posi-lube in it...I mean it is a true posi right

J/K :bawl :wtf :disgust :angry :O 8|

·
Registered
231 Posts
i hope u were joking u might as well throw sum speedy dry in there to becuse with tht gear oil i dont kno wut is goin to happen u need to use reg oil for the tranny and the engine

FiZZaL :red

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well are you guys who are being smart asses Might be correct but I own a 2500 it's a 2005 Honda 450R and it does take separate oil and it does take separate oils 40 weight on the motorside is weight on the motorside and 80 weight on the gear side I'd no if you could be right maybe yeah you could be right maybe Yamaha does use the same oil because we all do know it'll because we all do know that Honda makes a far superior product

1 - 12 of 12 Posts