YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried everything that i could find. i moved the tab on the float up then i wouldnt get any gas. so i had to lower it to where it was before. i read the manual and where the float should be but it wont stop. i cleaned it and it wont stop. Is there anything else i could do?

·
Registered
135 Posts
He means the seat in the carb not your actual seat. My friend just replaced the needle valve to stop his leaking on his 400 but it came back because he didn't replace the seat. If you replace them it will more than likely solve the problem.

·
Registered
858 Posts
When you had your float out, you probably saw the valve with the rubber tip on it. It seats into a "seat" to seal off the fuel flow. You should replace both and it should take care of the problem unless there's crud or dirt getting in there and preventing a good seal

·
Registered
439 Posts
Be warned, replacing the seats in the FCR carb can be a pain in the ass and cause other issues if the mid body gasket starts leaking.

What I do instead in chuck a Q-Tip into my drill and "polish" the seat. Spray the swap with carb cleaner and just start running it lightly against the seat. Repeat until it stops coming out dirty (usually takes several swabs). 99% of the time it is just crud that is preventing it from sealing. After cleaning it up, shine a light on the seat and look for pits or wear. I have only ever seen 1 personally where the seat was actually bad and had to be replaced. Replace the needle while you have it apart and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
139 Posts
A tip I was taught in school was to take a small wooden dowel and sand the tip to a point and use that to rub on the seat. Same principle as the q tip just wood. I do this by hand also, not in a drill. Just another idea. I had the same issue on my quad when I got mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.