YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to tell my story and add a little advice.

Well it has been a bout 3 months, but i had my 450 and was going down the road at night. I was going home from our sand hills that are just across the river. Well i went across the bridge and turned onto a road that went by our golfcoarse. Well the next thing i can remember is that i was laying in the hospitle. I broke my colar bone and had a very serious concussion. Anyway, i had a friend that was behind me and i gess he called the ambulience for me. He told me that i had hit a gas meter at about 50-60 mph(gestimation)Well my advice to you is to always ride with a friend, always wear a helmet. The helmet will help with the concusion and the friend will take care of you when you dont know who you are, where your at and get you some help.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
wow.. I hate it when I read these types of stories.. really feel for the unlucky guy that crashed... HOWEVER, I see one very positive thing.. and that is that your able to log in on your computer and type.. Your damn lucky man that your not in worse condition... head injuries can be nightmares...

I had a serious head injury in Hawaii back about 5 years ago.. no helmet and was not on an atv. had 3 liines of sutures, each over 3" long on the back of my head from the impacts... took me a year to re-coup and not throw-up every time I laid down or stood up..... never knew what happened either.. just like you.. Made my G/F tell me over and over what happened so I knew. She even had nightmares about it and cried every time I wanted the details.. she thought I was killed.

Good luck on your recovery..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fast, do you mind if i ask what happened ? Im glad you recouped tho...

Glad to see everyones all better :rock

·
Registered
114 Posts
glad you got through it semi-ok

but i am sure everyones dying to know.... how was the YFZ afterwards?
pics?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, the quad faired much better than i thought it would. It came out of the reck with bent handlebars down into the plactice, my a arm has just a little ding in it, and the only thing else was i bent my brand new lsr axle. When i was laying in the hospitle i was thinkin' dam i really screwed up this time, i thought i proubaly bent my frame and need a new quad, which i dont have this one payed for. But now i put my old axle back on and am waiting on my back orderd tag X5 to come in.

sorry no pics of it, wouldnt know how to post them if i did

Oo and to answer the "Q" about not seeing it, well i cant answer that because i dont ever remember leaving the road and going into the ditch where the gas meeter, so i dont know if i didnt see it.

Oo and dont be scared to reck your YFZ, i found out that they fair really well in bad recks...

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I bet they kept you awake after you arrived at the hospital to ensure your brain did not swell too much from what appears to be a concusion.

Dude, don't worry about the YFZ.. you can allways fix it.. but you can't fix your cognitive abilities if your head has been scrambled too hard.

If this happened recently,, make sure you test your balance before doing any driving, quad riding or any physical activity requiring that ability. Severe head traumas can cause your sense of balance to be distorted.

Good luck on your recovery and you probably know you've got a good freind that was with you that day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts