YFZ Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
compression test doesnt really works on theese bikes since they have automatic decompression system. but you could do a leak down test. If rings were bad the bike should also smoke blue. So im not quite sure how you got fuel down there really. Since the fuel never comes close to the oil anywhere? or am i just tired? :)

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is not hard to start, but it was sitting over the winter so maybe the injector got gummed up and was a bit leaky til i ran it for 10 minutes or so around the block? It def. does not smoke or feel tired. I changed the oil today, i will ride it soon and report if it continues.

· Registered
2 Posts
I also would like to know the outcome..

I have a yfz450R aswell and my oil really smells gas. I've heard a few people complaining about the same problem where I live and I don't know what it might be.

I called the dealershit where I bought it and they said it's because the bike is probably running rich but I think he was just trying to get rid of me.

I really don't know what to do, I guess I'll just change the oil and see how things go.

· Registered
695 Posts
Cant be that its running rich. I ran E85 on mine wich gives roughly 30% MORE fuel than normally, and my oil never smelled or raised. I wouldnt bother if it just smelled. But if the oil level keeps rising then its time to get worried... Still puzzled why this happens though

· Registered
3,515 Posts
The only way to get fuel in the oil is past the rings. No other way. On carbed bikes, if the needle and seat are stuck open, or the floats, it can fill the crankcase with gas. On a F.I. bike, if the injector is bad, or the bike was badly flooded at some time, you could get enough fuel past the rings to fill up the oil, even with good rings. With enough time on oil between oil changes, you can have a gas smell to the oil, but it should not be enough to raise the level of the oil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts